IFO, in video editing, normally refers to a file on a DVD and serves as a files info storage. IFO (Information) files contain an index of important information (such as timing information for search and seek functions) about the VOB (Video Object) files, which themselves contain the Video Data. The maximum size of a VOB file is 1GB; therefore the total data on the DVD is broken up into multiple VOB files. VIDEO_TS.IFO is a special master IFO file that contains information on all of the other IFO files on the media. In order for a DVD title to support both computer and consumer platforms, the program must contain a VIDEO_TS directory, with a VIDEO_TS.IFO file containing all information required for DVD playback.
IFO files provide information for DVD player where DVD chapters start, where certain audio tracks are located, etc.
Get Videos in the Format You Need with
Movavi Video Converter
- Convert video, audio, and images
- Save movies for viewing on 200+ mobile devices
- Rip DVDs to any popular video format
- Extract audio from video
- Upload video to YouTube and Facebook
- Join, trim, crop, rotate, adjust sound, add subtitles
- Adjust brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation
- Automatically enhance quality, add watermarks
- Process files instantly with no loss of quality
Why not go ahead and try Movavi Video Converter today?