Select capture mode
Predefined capture modes are perfect for the most popular types of screen recording. Simply select the appropriate mode for your task, and Screen Capture Studio will enable optimal frame per second speed, compression rate, and screen area.
- Screencast mode for capturing desktop and application activity
- Game mode for recording your fantasy battles with full screen capture and hotkeys enabled
- Online video mode for capturing live streaming and YouTube clips
Create custom capture mode
If none of the preset capture modes work for you, you can change the settings manually and capture the screen the way you prefer.
- Frame rate (frames per second): use a high frame rate (up to 60) for games and online video. A lower speed is fine for video calls or desktop screencasts
- Compression: a low compression ratio provides better quality video but with consequently larger output files; highly compressed videos have the smallest file sizes
- Output frame size: make the resolution of your recording 2 or 4 times smaller than the input video to save hard drive space
- Capture area: select one of the standard or widescreen frames or set a custom frame size to record any part of the screen
Sound recording. Voice narration
Enable audio recording to add a commentary to your tutorials or save the sound effects in your favorite games.
- Record your own voice or the application’s sounds while you’re capturing video
- Add a ‘click’ sound effect to each cursor action for added emphasis
- Capture audio from both in-line sources and microphones
Web cam video. Snapshots. Cursor effects
Use the extra options in the Studio version: record yourself on your web cam. Capture individual screenshots without copying and pasting images via third-party graphics software.
- Record web cam video and edit it immediately
- Grab snapshots with a single click
- Highlight or hide the cursor while capturing
Split, merge, and capture web cam video
Capture video from your web cam. Edit your screencasts. Drag your recordings to the Movavi timeline and use whatever editing tools you need to perfect your masterpiece.
- Split recordings and remove unnecessary parts
- Merge videos, add animated transitions between clips
- Record audio, grab snapshots with a single click
Apply effects and filters
When it comes to editing recordings and creating your own videos, Screen Capture Studio offers dozens of special effects including the Chroma Key effect that will transform your “footage” into a truly professional video.
- Adjust brightness, color balance, contrast; enhance quality of video
- Make your video look like an old movie or a mosaic
- Add video noise, transform, invert colors and much more
Add audio track and titles
Video tutorials and presentations usually include titles, music, and other special effects. Add text and comments to make your project look really professional.
- Record your own voice while you’re capturing video
- Add separate audio tracks: music, voice narration, and other sounds
- Work with overlay text titles: use different colors,fonts, styles, and alignments
Save to any media format
Once recorded and edited, your video can be saved in any media format you like.
- Save video in most popular video formats: avi, mp4, wmv,
mkv, mpeg, flv, mov, etc.
- Convert your recordings to audio: mp3, wav, ogg, flac, etc.
Prepare for playback on mobile devices
Select your device from the list and prepare your video for smooth playback on almost any mobile phone, tablet, or media player.
- Convert for Samsung, Nokia, LG, Blackberry, HTC phones
- Enjoy Android and Windows Phone 7 support
- Check presets for Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPad, Sony PSP,
and PlayStation 3
Burn to DVD, or share recordings online
With just a couple of clicks you can burn your screencasts to DVD or upload them to most popular video hosting sites.
- Customize settings for burning in PAL or NTSC standard
- 4.7 GB and 8.5 GB DVD support
- Upload screencasts to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo or S3
Note: YouTube limits your video to 100MB and 15 minutes. Facebook to 100MB and 20 minutes.
Download Free Trial