Edited by Nataly Bogorad
January 13, 2020
Best Camera Tripods for DSLR, GoPro Cameras, and Smartphones
Your camera, even with impressive specs, may not produce high-quality shots and videos without the help of the best camera tripod. With so many tripods on the market, you may be at a loss as to which one would be suitable for your specific camera and needs. Whether heavy-duty or flexible, a professional filmmaker should select the best camera tripod. This list should help you choose the best tripod for DSLR or smartphone camera.
Disclaimer: We use affiliate links to the products mentioned on this page. When you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, we receive commissions. If you want to support our portal, you can use the links. Otherwise, you can find the recommended products using a search engine.
Select the Best Tripod for DSLR or Smartphone Camera from This List
Selecting the most suitable tripod for your camera may not exactly be a walk in the park, especially for the uninitiated. If you don't know where to start your search for the best tripod for DSLR or GoPro camera, you may find this list helpful. While you may want to read the reviews of each item before making your choice, this information provided here should make things easier for you. Here are six top tripods for your camera.
Lightweight and portable, the Fugetek Table Top Stand is compatible with DSLR's, smartphones, GoPro and compact cameras. Whether you are a professional or a beginner in photography, you will like this tripod because it suits almost every camera you may have. And you won't have to worry about your bank balance because this device is one of the most affordable on the market.
If you know how to put a camera on a tripod, you will love the free spring phone mount included in the package when you purchase this gadget. If you don't, you can watch a DIY video on YouTube to learn how to fix your Cannon to the mount plate. Here are more features of the Fugetek Table Top Stand:
- Flexible but durable material: suitable for both indoor and outdoor shooting and can accommodate most cameras.
- Secure fit: phone holder has a strong grip to secure your smartphone or camera to prevent any device slippages or drops.
- Compatible with selfie sticks: the Fugetek is a universal cell phone holder; hence, can work as a mini tripod.
- Can be a good gift: can accompany a smartphone as a gift to a loved one.
Use this adjustable-height tripod to shoot amazing videos or take great portraits even with a cheap camera. Being a fun but useful camera accessory, it is so flexible that you can adjust it to get that particular angle you need to focus on any target. The AmazonBasics Lightweight Camera Mount Tripod Stand also accommodates a broad range of cameras, and has the following user-friendly features:
- Stands up to 50 inches (1.27 m) tall
- Quick-release plate for fast transitions between shots
- 3-section lever-lock legs for adjusting the height
- Made from lightweight aluminum.
If you own a high-end DSLR camera, this tripod may not be for you. This stand does not accommodate heavy cameras, so ensure you have a light camera to use this device without any problem. But it is still the right choice because it is portable. Its parts can fit into the provided zippered bag so you can travel with it quickly; hence, appropriate for shooting music videos. Read more about the best camera for music videos here:
Lightweight but sturdy, the Gitzo GT2532 Mountaineer Camera Tripod Ser.2 3S is the most popular of the Gitzo family tripods. The redesigned G-lock systems make the tripod faster and easier to use. Weighing only 3.7 pounds, the Mountaineer is highly portable, and you can easily pack it in your bag alongside other essentials of photography.
The Mountaineer is most suitable for those DSLR's with 200mm lenses due to its sturdy and perfectly balanced design. However, you have to note that this tripod is rather expensive, costing over $700. But for a professional video maker, the high cost may be the ultimate sacrifice to produce captivating movies. If you are going for this tripod, be sure to pack a DSLR. Its other features are as follows:
- Built-in hook
- G-lock ultra-leg logs
- Reversible column
- Accommodates up to 39lbs
The Neewer Carbon Fiber is a fascinating 2 in 1 tripod for superb photo and video shooting. You can detach one leg and use it as a monopod; hence, quite convenient for small, lightweight cameras. For heavier cameras, you have to attach the third leg for more stability. This tripod features the non-slip feet design, so you won't have to worry about your equipment slipping or shaking at that precise moment when you need stable shots.
With a high-density carbon fiber tube, this tripod has a center column with hooks to increase stability. The high-intensity carbon fiber also gives it the rigidity it needs to handle heavy cameras. Also, it is resistant to heat and the elements of corrosion; hence, it is durable. You can also use it slow motion cameras since it features the 360 swivel fluid head type. Learn more about the best slow-motion cameras by clicking on this link:
Buy this Patekfly Flexible Camera Tripod for the camera, GoPro or your smartphone from Walmart or Amazon at an affordable price. This camera tripod is made from high-quality aluminum and special silicon and is solidly structured to work on any surface. It has flexible legs to prevent your camera from wobbling during video shoots. With the ¼ screw size, this tripod is compatible with DSLR, GoPro (with an adapter), Nikon, Sony, and mirrorless cameras.
The main highlights of this tripod are:
- Flexible legs: you can fix it anywhere, whether on the table, lamp post for overhead shooting, doorknob, or anywhere depending on your desired perspective.
- High versatility: compatible with both android and iOS phones, and various brands of digital cameras.
- Heavy duty: can hold up to 800g load.
- Durable: made from silicone material which is resistant to the elements of weather.
The Alta Pro offers excellent stability and versatility, allowing you to get more creative with your shooting sessions. One outstanding feature of this tripod is the Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC) which lets you move the central column from 0 to 180° vertically and horizontally to make your wide-angle shots a straightforward exercise.
This tripod for the camera also sports a fluid-like head which can rotate 360° to allow you to take your video footage without moving an inch. Combine it with the quick release plate and bubble levels, and you get an excellent opportunity to make fantastic videos and photos. Other notable features of the Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB include:
- Instant Swivel and Stop Lock (ISSL): for quickly repositioning the central column without compromising the stability of the tripod.
- Adjustable legs: can adjust from 25 to 80°-degree angles
- Canopy: made from magnesium die-cast
- Non-slip rubber feet: they are fitted with extendable spikes for different terrains
- Loading capacity of up to 15.4 pounds
You can upgrade your video shooting skills by combining your reliable camera or smartphone with the best tripod for great photography. Tripods help you achieve stable photos and videos. Using an efficient editor such as the Movavi Video Editor Plus, you should be able to produce spectacular pictures and videos.
Movavi Video Editor Plus
Your next step in video-making
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and stickers
- Animate objects using keyframes, use more built-in media
- Export videos in any popular format
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor Plus has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more