Edited by Nataly Bogorad
July 15, 2019
Video Hosting Websites
These days, videos are becoming the fastest selling online content. Hence, more businesses and brands need video hosting platforms to push their contents. Wondering where to upload your videos? Keep reading the article to learn the best video hosting services.
Video Upload Sites
Unlike how pictures are uploaded on websites, videos are not meant to be done the same way. First, the size can be too big and may eat up your bandwidth and storage space on the server, based on your subscription. When that happens, it will cause errors and hold-ups on the website. Secondly, to have your content discoverable by people, there is a ‘how-to-do-it’ to make your video indexable. So, how then do you do it? What many people do, is to get a video hosting site or upload site. These sites are better if you seek to drive traffic to your website and to improve on-site conversions as well as engagements.
Here is a list of the best video upload sites that you can consider for your business or brand to choose from.
Wix Video allows you to showcase videos on your website via your video channels. It allows you to upload or add videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. It also allows video streaming at good qualities. The subscription and flexible and it provides you with analytics.
- Allows streaming at high quality
- Your videos are guaranteed quality viewing with desktop compatibility.
- It is relatively cheap and ads-free.
- The video storage is limited unless you purchase it as an extra with your subscription.
- Videos might be glitchy and with a lesser resolution on a mobile device.
Wistia offers a free video hosting plan that includes a branded video player with a bandwidth limited to 200 GB and the maximum storage capacity of 25 videos. A video becomes unavailable once the bandwidth has reached the limit.
The paid plan of Wistia provides advanced analytics features and a host of others that include engagement and reach, graphs, heat mapping, etc. Wistia also allows integration with MailChimp, Marketo, WordPress, and Hubspot; thus, making it easy to embed videos and social media.
- It allows high bandwidth usage.
- It encourages team collaboration by allowing you to share videos internally and to mark them as private.
- It generates video sitemaps.
- Free account holders have their videos stamped with the Wistia logo.
- The costs are relatively expensive.
Vimeo has similar features to YouTube and an extra of social media sharing feature. The basic or free plan will serve you if you just wish to upload occasional and free videos. The basic plan has 5GB storage capacity which is insufficient if you intend to go large, like live streaming. The paid plans go between $7 to $75. You can set your privacy options and the amazing stuff is that there is an unlimited bandwidth for all videos across all plans that you may want to choose from.
- You will enjoy ad-free video uploads across all plans (including the free plan).
- You will enjoy worldwide traffic and can restrict the display on some domains.
- It has good social media integrations and Google Analytics integration.
- The community does not have an audience as large as other popular services.
Dailymotion makes free and paid account options available and an ad revenue program that will enhance exposure. The videos are not Ads-free, but they are only played at the end of a video, by default. It also allows you to embed videos on other websites. It may also interest you to know that the storage and the bandwidth options are unlimited. However, the maximal file size to be uploaded is 2GB and videos are not expected to be longer than 60 minutes.
- It provides unlimited storage and bandwidth capacities.
- Ads do not pop up and disturb you.
- It has limited analytics.
Easily, Vidyard finds a spot on the list of the best video hosting sites because of the professionalism of the hosting services that it offers. This host provides you with marketing tools that will help improve the conversion rate of your videos.
Vidyard provides you with a fast service; your video uploads rapidly and plays almost immediately when you click it. An average customer using this host server pays about $1,200 in a month. However, the bailout for premium plans is that you can pay only for what you use.
- Vidyard is highly oriented for marketing purpose as it enhances performance and conversion.
- It provides detailed analytics of history and engagement.
- You can add your own call to action and generate multiple video thumbnails.
- It is a very expensive option.
Brightcove is another video sharing website tagged among the best, with its highly customizable video hosting options. It is one of the rare online video hosting websites that offers monetization, advertisement, live streaming, mobile optimization, lead generation tools, advanced analytics, and more features.
Brightcove comes with packages for broadcasters, enterprises, marketers, and publishers, for their respective marketing campaigns that begin from $199 for a month. Laying hold on price might be an issue and you may have to reach the company's customers support to request for their specific deals and costs. Want to know what's interesting? You can try them out for 30 days for free and then decide if you are interested in their services and features.
- There are specific and customized options that you can choose from.
- 30-day free trial.
- It focuses on advanced analytics and video management.
- It may be relatively expensive for whatever plan you choose to go for.
It has similar features with many of its competitors. It is worth the mention because of the informative platform, which is also user-friendly. It provides you with details on what you should expect: analytics, security, SEO features. SproutVideo is proud to flaunt its amazing features that include 8K video quality support, engagement tracking, IP address, multiple video themes and layouts, lead capture, and restrictions to specific geographical locations. The uploader is appealing and it provides you with whatever you may need as a video creator. The payment plans start from $59, and progresses to $199, and then to $499 all for a month. You are left to decide which one to go for.
- It provides a free trial mode.
- It provides you awesome video marketing tool kits.
- It provides good security and video monitoring features.
- There is no free plan option.
There you go! Those are the year’s considered best video hostings. If your website host is selective with video formats and sizes of files that you can upload on their server, you can get yourself a good editor such as Movavi Video Editor. You can edit your videos to size and to make them appealing for your target audience. It allows you to save videos in popular formats, such as MP4, AVI, MKV, etc.
Have you made up your mind already?
Movavi Video Editor
Creating videos has never been so easy!
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and callouts
- Use special effects like Chroma Key and Slo Mo
- Export videos in any popular format