Edited by Nataly Bogorad
January 13, 2020
Best Music-Making Software
We have been carrying out researches on the best options that we could recommend to anyone working towards setting up a music production studio. Of course, as a producer, you will find the one that meets your needs as soon as you embark on a market search. However, things must be done with a source guide so that you don’t pick a music creation software that is not.
In this article, we have carefully selected best music production software that are simple and easy to use. Each one has its strength and weaknesses, so you must understand what your music production goals are as a music producer. If making good music still interests you, read on carefully as we present below 7 best music maker that we have assessed on your behalf.
Best Music Production Software
FL Studio is a familiar name in the music making and mixing industry, especially due to its first emergence as Fruity Loops. If you are looking for a software for your PC, you have a great choice in FL Studio. What are the opportunities available for music production beginners and professionals?
- FL Studio allows recording.
- You can edit and mix every great collection of your choice.
- There are virtual instruments and plugins at your disposal.
As the other part of its name suggests, not only is this software good for music production, it permits music producers to perform music live and direct. The characteristics include:
- Live performer feature.
- Opportunity to pull loops and beats.
- Compatibility with other music technology.
More than anything, Ableton Live enables music producer to serve the wide population of music lovers in a dynamic and easy way. Your audience will definitely find you irresistible.
If you have been yearning for standard production where music creation and mixing is concerned, don’t go too far because Avid Pro Tools is an easy way to get what you need. The truth is this software may not be totally perfect but its long term efficiency has helped it to maintain a place of pride with music producers and composers. The tool allows you to create music in different styles, including trap and electronic. What are the distinguishing features?
- It is compatible with Mac. It should be noted that it was initially created for Mac, so it works a bit better with it.
- Opportunity to create, mix, remix, edit and master music production.
- Comes with its separate Avid audio engine.
- The audio engine has a fast processor as well as 64-bit memory capacity for as many sessions as possible.
- About 70 effects and plug-ins.
- Others are: reverbs,compressors, EQ’s, channel stripping.
For semi-pro and above music producers, this is a good music production software. However, the software seems to be losing out on its fame following the emergence of Ableton and Logic Pro. Still, Cockos’s Reaper holds a great strength when compared with other DAWs in the market. To use this software, you can download for free use for 60days after which you have to pay for license to keep using it.
The features are:
- Drag and drop tools for VST and FX.
- Seamless mapping of MIDI controllers.
- Ability to cut, paste, split and edit tracks individually.
- Supports almost any audio interfaces, plug-ins, and sound effects.
- Music recording is highly flexible with Reaper.
Talk about the most popular music production software in the music community, especially with beginners, this is it. Comprehensively, it allows beginners to experience standard digital audio music station. Garage Band allows intelligent music creation on a Mac or iPad. Also, for every lover of Apple products, Garage Band is an excellent choice as it is easy to use. This music production software is available for free on every laptop, desktop, and iPad by Apple.
The features are:
- Free version is available in full.
- User-friendly interface that assists in visualization of what is being made.
- Simple to use.
- In-built tutorial functions for learning of piano and guitar.
- Supports standard USB keyboard.
- Compatible with Mac only.
- Powerful and resounding music making tools.
- Clear icons that help to differentiate one track from the other.
Although it is not free but after Avid Pro Tools and Ableton Live, believe it when you are told that Logic Pro is also a great choice where music production software is concerned. No argument! More profound is its latest X upgrade that has eliminated excess yet ineffective sound collections. As a result of this, the price has moved down from its initial $500 and more to $200+. That means even for medium level music creators and mixers, the best value can be enjoyed on a friendly budget in addition to other features.
The features are:
- Effective tempo feature that enables reading and matching of BPM.
- No free trial available.
- Its operating system is Mac only.
- Friendly interface that enables easy learning.
- 9 MDI plug-ins for sound transformation.
- Tools for adjusting recording.
- Availability of drummer patches as well as brush attacks for simple jazz music.
- Logic remote app that can enable transforrmation of phone into remote controller.
- Device tracking abilities.
- Super modulation functions, among others.
Propellerhead’s Reason is not so common when it comes to music production software. Mind you, that cannot be excused to be the reason it’s coming last on our list of best music-making software. Following a careful assessment, we realised that it is the most stable and reliable. Meanwhile, we will like to inform you that it is a little above the beginner level.
The characteristics of Reason are:
- There is a free version.
- It is not too simple neither is it complex.
- Workflow is highly exceptional.
- Solid mixing console.
- Availability of amazing DAW for lovers of guitar or bass recording. This is due to its amp and speaker plug-ins available from Softube.
- It works well with personal computers and Mac.
- It has an automated process can be used to cut and connect audio files.
- It supports all MIDI hardware.
- Drag and drop tools are available among the interface.
You don’t really want to miss out on the music production software above, each with its defining characteristics. What you should be mindful of however, is that you need to identify with your own music production and creation goals first before picking any. After all is said and done, the choice is yours.
On the other hand, since none of the music production software comes with any video-editing tool, we are glad to introduce to you our Movavi Video Suite. After mixing, creating and composing your sound with any of the above software, you shouldn’t take other creative possibilities for granted. With Movavi Video Suite, you can transfer your sounds recording from phone or camera to computer, use webcam footage, and utilise voice recording through microphone. It is compatible with popular format such as AVI, MOV, MP4, among others. There are over 100 transition patterns, stabilization, magic enhancement, and other magical effects that allow mixing of sound and video in an easy way.
Movavi Video Suite
Everything you need to create and edit multimedia files
- Edit videos and create slideshows
- Capture screencasts or streaming web videos
- Save videos for viewing on mobile devices
- Convert media files and DVDs
* The free version of Movavi Video Suite has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more