Capturing a computer screen is not enough to make a great video. Your screencast will definitely need further editing. Record your screen and enhance the footage with video-editing tools using a single program. Here, we listed six best screen recorders with video editors, with their pros and cons.
Top Screen Recorders with Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor Business is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. You can capture screen activity and webcam footage at the same time. Record great demo and how-to videos. Edit your video after recording: crop the unwanted parts, add filters, transitions, creative effects, and explanatory elements. You can also add a soundtrack or a voice-over to your video.
- Records with or without sound
- Takes screenshots while recording
- Has a Scheduled Recording option
- Lets you select the capture area
- Has all the essential video-editing tools
- Uploads the video to YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, or Movavi Cloud
- Only 14-day free trial
- Adds a watermark in the trial version
ActivePresenter is one of the best screen-recording and video-editing programs. The app is suitable for both personal and commercial use. You can combine screen capture with webcam recording. There are also plenty of video-editing tools like cropping, changing the footage speed, blurring, and adding annotations and transitions.
- Has multiple video tracks
- Capable of creating a data backup
- Allows the user to create customizable hotkeys
- Offers a free version with basic tools
- Advanced features only available in the paid version
FlashBack Pro is a software that provides video-recording and editing functions. It has a simple and intuitive interface. The app has a lot of options for education projects in particular. You can record the screen, webcam, and sound from microphone or speakers, then add text and callouts to the video. Save the recordings in any popular format.
- Handles multi-track audio editing
- Records from several monitors at once
- Adds zoom and panning effects
- Blurs out sensitive data in videos
- Shares the recording to YouTube and FlashBack Connect
- Only compatible with Windows OS
TinyTake is a screen-capture and video-editing software. The program has a Basic edition that is free to use, plus 3 paid editions for professional use. You can record your computer screen for up to 120 minutes, just choose the region to capture. Annotate your video using the editing tools like arrows, highlights, and captions.
- Fast sharing of any videos
- Stores files in the cloud
- Zooms in and out
- Lets you assign your own hotkeys
- The free edition is only available for personal use
- Limits the recording to 5 minutes in the free edition
- Saves video in MP4 only
Screencast-O-Matic is a video taker and editor. It’s an easy-to-use program that offers solutions for educators, entrepreneurs, and developers. Most screen-recording features are open source, but video-editing tools come with the paid version. The app allows you to capture the screen and webcam and add voice comments to the recording. You can also edit the video and add shapes, transitions, and images.
- Saves videos without watermarks
- Has drawing tools
- Provides solutions for teamwork
- Allows users to speed the video up and down
- Can take screenshots
- No video-editing tools in the free version
- Can crash browser while complex tasks
ScreenFlow is one of the top screen recorders with video editor for Mac OS. It can be used by marketers, educators, and vloggers. The app features basic and advanced editing tools. You can make screen recordings of the best quality and enhance your video with transitions, animations, text, and audio.
- Captures iPhone and iPad screens
- Creates animated GIFs
- Has an easy-to-use interface
- Performs high-quality recording
- Only compatible with Mac OS
- Paid stock media library