How to Email a Video
Do you have a family video you’re just itching to share with your friends but not sure how to do so? In this day and age, there are plenty of ways to share a video with people, whether they’re on the opposite side of the planet or around the corner. In this guide, we’ll focus on how to send a video through email. Gmail is one of the most popular webmail services, so it seems appropriate to use it as our example.
1. Sign in or Register on Gmail
First of all, you’ll need a Google account. If you already have one, that’s great. If you don’t, it’s really easy to register, just follow this link.
2. Start Composing Your Email
Once you’re in your account, find the Compose button on the left side of the screen. Click it, and a new message form will open. Start by specifying the topic and the recipient of the email.
3. Attach Your Videos
At the bottom of the New Message form, you’ll see a paper-clip icon. After clicking it, choose the folder containing your videos, select the files you want to send, and wait while they’re uploaded. Once you have your video in the email, you can send it to your selected recipients.
These instructions will work for any attachments smaller than 25 MB, which is Gmail’s limit for overall message. If you want to know how to send a large video file, you have two options from Step 2 on.
- Reduce the size of your video. You can compress video for email with the help of Movavi Video Converter and our guide to reducing video size will show you how to do just that. Keep in mind, though, that compressing the video file will also reduce its quality. Once your video is below the maximum permitted size of 25 MB, you can attach it to your email the same way as described in Step 3.
- Upload it to external storage. The first option, however, will only work with not very big files of a gigabyte and less. If you want to send large video files that exceed several GB in size – which is common for unedited home videos – the better option is to upload it to a website like YouTube and then simply include the link in your email. If you don’t have a YouTube account, here’s a quick guide on creating one. If you do have an account, our Converter will come in handy for converting your videos to suitable format (using the Online Video section in the list of presets). Once that’s done, just paste the link in the email.
4. Send the Video
Whichever method you choose, the last step is always the same: hit the Send button and wait till your video is received.
Movavi Video Converter
The ideal way to get your media in the format you need!
- Convert video, audio, DVDs, and image files
- Enjoy lightning-fast conversion without quality loss
- Improve quality, adjust sound, trim and join files before converting
- Save video and audio clips for easy mobile access