Movavi Scholarship Program 2022
Create a fun video about yourself or your friends, share it on social media, and you could win $1,000. Watch other competing videos on YouTube with the hashtag #movavischolarship.
We want for as many participants as possible to be able to compete, so we're extending the program until the end of the year. We'll publish the results on December 15, 2022. Best of luck!
To be eligible for this scholarship award, you must be:
- a legal resident of the United States or Canada or hold a valid student visa
- enrolled in, or accepted into, a full-time undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited university, college, or school in the United States or Canada
How to Enter
1. Create your video using Movavi Video Editor. You can use the trial version or buy a full license at a 30% discount.
- Download Movavi Video Editor for Windows
- Download Movavi Video Editor for Mac
- Claim your educational institution discount
You can also create a video using Movavi Clips, our video editing app for mobile devices:
2. Upload your video to YouTube before December 15, 2022 using the title: Movavi Scholarship Program.
3. Share your video on social networks with the hashtags #movavischolarship and #movaviedu and the link to our homepage https://www.movavi.com/
4. Send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your full name
- The URL of your video on YouTube
- The URL of your profile on YouTube
- The links to your accounts in other social networks
- The name of the college or university where you are studying (we reserve the right to verify this information)
- A brief description of your hobbies, dreams, and aspirations
We’ll publish the results on December 15, 2022 and notify the winner via email.
Terms and Conditions
- Submitted videos shall not exceed 1–2 minutes in duration.
- Videos that deal with the topics of drugs, escort services, and/or extremism shall be excluded from participation.
- Entrants can only submit an application once every three months.
- Any student currently enrolled in or accepted at a college or university in the United States or Canada is eligible to apply. This could be for an associate’s degree, undergraduate, graduate, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree.
- Employees of Movavi and their family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- By submitting a video, you are giving us permission to publish your work on our website and through any of our existing social media channels. You are also agreeing to receive information from Movavi.
- Movavi agrees not to share any personal information related to the applicants. All information will be treated with strict confidentiality and will not be sold or disclosed to any third parties.
- Movavi agrees not to share any personal information related to any applicant’s instructor or to contact the instructor without the student’s permission. All information will be treated with strict confidentiality and will not be sold or disclosed to any third parties.
- An independent committee will determine the scholarship winner.
- The winner will be notified by email and their name will be announced online on December 15.
- The scholarship funds will be provided to the winner directly via PayPal or Bank Transfer.
Winner of the 2022 Movavi Scholarship Program
Name: Julia Szubert
School: Toronto Metropolitan University
More on the Winner:
I love to spend my alone time peacefully drawing, reading or watching movies. I also enjoy travelling to new places, whether it be with friends/family or by myself. This includes the time spent planning and being excited for the trip!
I hope to live a meaningful and happy life by spending everyday doing what I love most. In order to make this a reality, I plan on going to school, learning valuable skills and finding a job that I love! I hope to help many people and strive to have others look up to me as their role model.
Thank you so much for this opportunity!
Winner of the 2020 Movavi Scholarship Program
Name: Samuelle Simard-Provencal
School: Vancouver Island University, British Columbia, Canada
More on the Winner:
A bit about me: I am an ecology and math student in my last year of my bachelor's degree. I love to explore the natural world and learn as much about the local natural history as possible. My hobbies include bird watching, insect and plant photography, embroidery, and creating educational videos. My dream is to spend a year travelling and volunteering abroad with wildlife, and I hope to visit Australia, Ecuador, and Belize next. My end goal is to become a university professor. My current plan is to take a year off of school before starting my Master's degree, so I'm hoping world travel will be possible in 2021!
Winner of the 2019 Movavi Scholarship Program
Name: Stephanie Wright
School: Confederation college
More on the Winner:
I started playing around with editors at a very young age. I remember getting to know OpenShot, kdenlive, Pitivi, and finally got Final cut pro. It was interesting getting to know Movavi as well. In a lot of ways, I’d say that my love for video editing is what got me to step outside of my comfort zone. That and my cockatoo, sunshine. I have a lovebird and an Indian ringneck as well, they are a huge part of my life and have given me so much happiness. When I do move to Thunder Bay this fall I decided to take my cockatoo as we are very bonded and I cannot imagine my life without her there. I knew I would be taking on a huge responsibility by adopting her, but that is why I did it. To have something, a reason, to keep going. Just knowing that these little birds depend on you and need you there and have such a strong bond to you, this is the kind of reassurance that helped me get through some really hard times. Aside from that, I really enjoy going on adventures and exploring new places. I love to camp and hike, and I’m very well known to disappear for a day to go up north. Seeing all of these places that are so beautiful and natural also helped me to realize there is a whole world out there and everything I’ve ever known is just a small part of whats out there. Moving from southern Ontario to Thunder Bay will be a huge jump for sure, but theres no place I’d feel more at home! I am really excited to make my move and to start school at confederation college!
Winner of the 2018 Movavi Scholarship Program
Name: Ruby Bryan
School: University of South Alabama
More on the Winner:
I'm an Honors Sophomore at the University of South Alabama (USA). I'm majoring in Music, minoring in Film Production, and privately studying Scenic Design under a member of the Drama department faculty here. In addition to taking classes, I teach violin lessons and work as a technical assistant for both the Department of Music and a local audio/video production company. During my free time, I love to read, take photos, play soccer, and do all kinds of crafts. Creating videos has long been something I enjoy. My first memories of it were in elementary school, riding around on my bike with a tiny, red digital camera. Since then, I’ve found myself constantly filming the things around me. Over the years it’s become almost instinct. Now, I get to professionally film events, as well as work with a crew of other film students making movies together. Seeing how much my work has improved is exciting, and I look forward to making it even better.