Do you want to have a physical copy of your footage? Or to create a movie disc to watch it on a DVD or Blu-ray player? With the right software, you can make a DVD fast and easy.
|Movavi Video Converter||Fast encoding with no watermark||Windows 7/8/10/11|
Mac OS X 10.13 and later
|Freemake Video Converter||Converting videos and burning discs on Windows||Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11|
|HandBrake||Converting files and basic editing||Windows 10 and later|
Mac OS X and later
Way #1 – How to convert MKV to DVD with Movavi Video Converter
Movavi Video Converter is a multipurpose media converter. It can convert almost any video to DVD and vice versa. The app also has tools to edit out undesirable parts of the video and enhance it with filters. You can also acquire subtitles for any movie using the built-in subtitle searcher and embedder. Follow the steps below to learn how to use the program:
Step 1. Installing the MKV-to-DVD converter
Movavi Video Converter is available for Windows 7 and above, as well as Mac OS X and later. Download and run the installation file, then follow the installer’s instructions.
Step 2. Adding MKV files
Press the Add Media button in the upper-left corner. A drop-down menu will appear. Choose the Add Video option and select the videos you want to convert and record on a disc. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the files directly into the program window.
Step 3. Adjusting the conversion settings
Open the Video tab and select DVD-Compatible Video. Pick a preset for the standard and the quality that fits your needs. PAL and NTSC options are supported. Click the Cogwheel icon to adjust parameters, such as aspect ratio, bitrate value, and resolution.
Step 4. Converting the videos
Click the Save to button before converting and specify the folder where the result files will be stored. Hit the Convert button, and the program will create DVD-videos from your MKVs.
Step 5. Burning the files to DVD (optional)
Once your files are converted to a DVD-player format, the folder containing the files will open up automatically. In order to burn those files to a disc, you can use Movavi Video Suite – a software bundle designed for video-making and -editing tasks of all kinds. The bundle includes an MKV-to-DVD converter, a DVD burner, an ISO-image maker, online resources, and other useful tools.
Congrats! Now you know how to convert MKV to DVD with our tools!
Way #2 – How to convert MKV file to DVD with Freemake
This encoder can also convert your files quickly and easily, and it has no limitations on video file size or length. This means you can convert movies or even process your entire family's archives into a single film. However, the trial version has certain limitations: it adds a Freemake intro and watermark to your film, and it only works with Windows OS.
The Freemake converter supports all popular formats including MP4, AVI, MKV, and more. Supporting codecs: H.264, H.265 (HEVC), MPEG4, AAC, AV1.
- No audio compression
- Batch conversion support
- The free version has a watermark and adds a Freemake intro
How to burn MKV to DVD with Freemake:
- Download and run the installer. To complete the setup, follow instructions on your screen.
- Run the program when installation is done.
- Click the +Video button to add the MKV videos you want to convert to DVD.
- Click to DVD and set your DVD drive. You can either use the default settings or change the aspect ratio, video system, and other parameters.
- Insert a blank DVD to be burned and click Convert to run the process.
Way #3 – How to convert MKV to DVD with HandBrake
HandBrake is a well-known open-source freeware. It supports a wide range of video formats and has built-in presets for common devices, such as iPhone and PlayStation. It can keep file quality while reducing the size. However, its advanced functions may be difficult to understand for beginners. Handbrake supports 720p, 1080p, and 4K resolutions.
- Variety of built-in presents
- A set of video filters
- Completely free and without watermarks
- Occasional glitches are reported
- Has a noticeable learning curve
How to convert MKV to DVD with Handbrake:
- Download the app from the HandBrake website and install it on your machine.
- Choose the files you want to convert to DVD in the HandBrake Source window and click Open.
- Choose a location to store your completed conversions.
- Click Output Setting or Format to select a DVD file format for converting your files.
- Click Start or Start encode to begin the conversion.
Frequently asked questions
Can a DVD player play MKV files?
Unfortunately, no. If you wish to play an MKV-video on a DVD player, you'll need to convert it to another format, and then use third-party software to burn the movies to a DVD.
Can an MKV file be burned to DVD?
There is a variety of free software that allows burning MKV and other video files to a DVD. Here are some of the best MKV-to-DVD converters:
- Movavi Video Converter
How do I burn MKV files to DVD?
There are plenty of programs that will let you transfer videos to the DVD format. However, we recommend Movavi Video Converter. Install this simple yet effective tool and follow the steps below:
- Click on Add Media.
- Select Add Video and choose the MKV files you want to convert.
- Open the Video tab and select the appropriate preset from the DVD-Compatible Video group.
- Adjust your conversion settings by selecting the quality you want.
- Click the Save to button to decide where you want to save your converted files.
- Click on the Convert button.
- If you want to burn MKV files to disc, use Movavi Video Suite.
Sign up for news and special offers