How to convert MP3 to MOV (QuickTime) with Movavi Video Converter
Edited by Ben Jacklin
February 15, 2022
With Movavi Video Converter, you can convert from MP3 to MOV with ease. The program is free to download and allows you to change file formats individually or as a batch in only a few clicks. And with SuperSpeed technology and a clean, simple interface, you won’t spend much time learning the program or waiting on conversions.
You can download the installation file for Windows PC or Mac as this MP3-to-MOV converter is available for both platforms. If you’re not sure how to convert MP3 to MOV, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1. Download and install the application
Download the installation file. Then, run the file and install Movavi Video Converter. Upon installation, launch the program to convert MP3 to MOV.
Note: Movavi also offers an online MP3-to-MOV converter if you don’t want to download and install anything.
Step 2. Add files to the interface
On the top left, click the Add Media icon and select the Add audio option from the dropdown menu. From there, find and choose the MP3s you want to convert. You can also drop and drag files directly into the interface.
Step 3. Pick the output format
Click the Video tab at the bottom of the interface. From the list that appears, pick MOV. Then select a preset for your file.
Step 4. Convert MP3 files to MOV
You’re almost ready to convert MP3 to QuickTime (MOV)! At the bottom of the screen, click Save to and choose a destination folder for your file or files. After that, click Convert to change MP3 to MOV.
MP3 vs. MOV
|File type||Audio file||Multimedia file that can hold video, audio, and text on separate tracks within the same file|
|Audio/video codec||Audio: MPEG-1/MPEG-2 Audio Layer III||Video: MPEG-2, MPEG4-ASP(XVID), H. 264, HEVC/h. 265, Apple ProRes|
|Support||Runs on a seemingly endless variety of devices, programs, and players||QuickTime, iTunes, Windows Media Player, Elmedia Player, and VLC can all run MOV files|
View all parameters Hide the table
Converting files from .mp3 to .mov is easy with Movavi Video Converter. The program allows you to convert MP3 to MOV on your Mac or PC in a few simple steps. Follow the guide above to change MP3 to QuickTime, you’ll have a playable MOV file in no time. You can also use an online tool to convert MP3 to MOV for free.
Frequently asked questions
How do I convert MP3 to MOV with Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player is the free media player that comes standard with all Windows OS installations. The program is versatile for the amount of file types it can play. However, the program has limitations when it comes to conversion.
At this time, it’s not possible to convert an MP3 to MOV with Windows Media Player. The program has a Rip music tab under Organize > Options. But you can only convert to WMA, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, or MP3 formats.
How do I convert MP3 to MOV with VLC?
VLC is an easy MP3-to-MOV converter download that’s open-source and works on nearly any operating system. To convert, follow these steps:
- Launch VLC and click Media on the top left for the dropdown menu. From the menu, click Convert/Save and a window will appear. You can also press Ctrl + R on your keyboard to open the window.
- Click the Add icon and find and select your MP3 file. It will appear in the box next to the icon.
- Click the Convert/Save button at the bottom of the window, and another window will appear. VLC doesn’t automatically have a MOV profile in the list, so you must create one. You’ll be able to name and select this profile for future conversions.
- Next to the Profile dropdown menu, click the Create a new profile button on the far right. It has a yellow dot on the icon. Another window will appear.
- On the Encapsulation tab, choose MP4/MOV.
- Click on the Video codec tab and check the box next to Video. Then select the MPEG-4 codec from the codec dropdown menu.
- Click the Audio codec tab and check the box next to Audio. Then select MPEG Audio codec from the dropdown menu if it isn’t selected already.
- Last, use the Profile Name text box at the top of the window and name your new profile. Then, click Create. Your profile will appear on the main conversion window now.
- To finish, choose a destination file and name your file. You may need to manually select .mov as your file extension. When ready, click the Save button and then Start. When the conversion process finishes, the new file will appear in your destination folder.
Sign up for news and special offers