How to convert MP3 to MP4 with Movavi Video Converter
Edited by Ben Jacklin
December 13, 2021
Despite the fact that they have similar-sounding names, MP3 and MP4 are very different file formats in a lot of ways. The biggest difference between them is that MP3 is exclusively an audio format, only capable of holding audio tracks. Meanwhile, MP4 files are capable of storing both audio and video data. You might need to convert from one to the other, and an MP3-to-MP4 converter can help. You can use an MP3-to-MP4 converter online if you want to convert a single file. For batch conversion and more advanced features, choose a desktop program.
Movavi Video Converter is one of the best programs you can use for converting MP3 to MP4. This program is available on both Mac and Windows devices. It's very simple to set up and use, allowing you to convert between various formats, including MP3 and MP4. Read on to find out how to convert MP3 to MP4 on your device.
Step 1. Download and install the MP3-to-MP4 audio converter
The first step of using Movavi's MP3-to-MP4 converter is to download the program to your device. You can download both the Windows and Mac versions of the program from the official Movavi site. So, make sure to download the correct file for your platform, such as the MP3-to-MP4 converter for a Mac and the Windows version if you're on Windows. Then, launch the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the program.
Step 2. Add your files for conversion
Once the converter has been installed on your device, you can open it up to add your files to the converter for the MP3-to-MP4 conversion. To do this, simply press the Add Media button and choose Add Audio. You can then browse your device and find the files you want to change. Don't forget that Movavi Video Converter supports batch conversion, so you can add multiple files and convert them all at once.
Step 3. Select the output format
Once your MP3 files have been added to the program, click on the Video tab near the bottom of the screen. You can then select the MP4 format from the list of file types provided and pick a preset, ready for conversion.
Step 4. Convert MP3 to MP4
The final step of the process is to click on the Save to button in the bottom left and pick a location where your new MP4 files will be saved after conversion. You can then click on the Convert button itself to begin the process and simply wait for it to finish.
MP3 or MP4
|File type||Audio||Audio and video|
|Developer||A group of European engineers from Fraunhofer Society, IRT, and CCETT||International Organization for Standardization|
|Compatibility||Works on almost any music player||Works on most media players and devices|
|File size||Typically smaller than MP4||Typically larger than MP3|
Hopefully, this guide helped you to learn the differences between formats and whether to choose MP3 or MP4. If you need to change the files format, you can choose an online converter for your MP3-to-MP4 conversion or a powerful desktop program. Movavi Video Converter is one of the best MP3-to-MP4 converter apps you can use, and it's very simple to download and start using today. You can use it for all your conversion needs whenever you need to convert MP3 to MP4 on a Mac or Windows, either to make a file easier to play or for editing or sharing purposes.
Frequently asked questions
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 with an image?
If you want to convert MP3 to MP4 with pictures, it is best to use a video-editing program. Movavi Video Editor Plus will allow you to convert MP3 to MP4 with pictures. Just add your MP3 file and images to the app and save them as an MP4 file.
You can also convert MP3 to MP4 with images online using an online video editor. Here is how to convert MP3 to MP4 with images with Fastreel:
- Open the video editor website
- Click Add Your Files and choose a JPG-image
- Click Add Music
- Choose Upload Audio and pick your MP3-file or Choose from the Music Collection
- Edit your clip and click Export Result
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 for YouTube?
What is the best MP3-to-MP4 converter?
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 on Windows 10?
You can use MP3-to-MP4 converter software for Windows 10 to convert MP3 files into MP4 files on a Windows 10 laptop or PC. Here's how to do it with Movavi Video Converter:
- Download and install Movavi Video Converter.
- Open the program and click on the Add Media button, and then Add Audio. Then choose the MP3 file or files you want to convert to add to the program.
- Once your files have been added, click on the Video tab near the bottom of the window and select MP4.
- Next, press the Save to button and pick a save location for your new files.
- Finally, press the Convert button to begin the conversion process.
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 on a Mac?
You can use an MP3-to-MP4 converter for a Mac, like Movavi Video Converter, to convert from MP3 to MP4 on a Mac device.
- Download and install Movavi Video Converter for Mac.
- Open the program and use the Add Media button to add the file(s) for conversion.
- Click Video and select MP4 as your output format.
- Press Save to and designate a location for your new files to be saved.
- Press the Convert button to start the conversion process.
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 with VLC?
VLC is a free media player used by many people and it's also an example of MP3-to-MP4 converter freeware, as you can use it to convert MP3 files into MP4 files for free on many platforms.
- Download and install VLC.
- Open the program and press Media and Convert/Save, then find and add the file you want to convert and press the Add button in the Convert/Save menu.
- Click on the drop-down menu beside Profile and click on the MP4 option.
- Choose a destination for the new file via the Browse menu, then press Start to convert.
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 with Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player supports MP4-to-MP3 conversions but doesn't allow you to convert MP3 to MP4. So, try to use a desktop or an online video converter for your MP4-to-MP3 conversions.
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 with iTunes?
Here’s how to change MP3 to MP4 in iTunes:
- Open iTunes on your device.
- Head to the Preferences menu. Click General > Importing Settings.
- Use the pop-up Import Using menu to select the MP4 format as your desired output format.
- Then select one or more songs from your library and click File > Create New MP4 Version.
How do I convert MP3 to MP4 on Android?
Is MP3 a video?
No, MP3 is exclusively an audio file format. It's only capable of storing audio data.
See other useful how-to guides
Sign up for news and special offers