Edited by Ben Jacklin
August 10, 2022
SWF cartoons used to be ubiquitous over the Web. Today, however, interacting with the files of this format can be challenging since it is no longer officially supported. But plenty of such content is still out there. To preserve and enjoy it once more, you can convert .swf to .mov – a popular format supported by QuickTime and many other media players.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use SWF-to-MOV converter, look no further than Movavi Video Converter. With this software, you can easily convert SWF to QuickTime or many other formats. Here, you will learn how to export SWF to MOV in just a few clicks.
Just download the appropriate version of Movavi Video Converter (for Windows or Mac) and follow the steps below.
How to convert SWF to MOV (QuickTime) with Movavi Video Converter
Step 1. Install the SWF-to-MOV converter
First, download and run the installation file for the SWF-to-MOV converter’s Mac or Windows version. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Step 2. Add files for conversion
Launch Movavi Video Converter. Click Add Media, select Add Video, then pick the files you want to convert from SWF to MOV.
When you convert SWF to MOV online, you can work with one file at a time. Meanwhile, the desktop app can perform batch conversions.
Step 3. Choose a format
Click the Video tab, choose the MOV group, and select an appropriate preset.
Step 4. Convert SWF to MOV
Click the Save to button and choose a folder to store the converted video. Then click Convert to convert your SWF clips to MOV.
Now you know everything about converting SWF files to QuickTime (MOV) with Movavi Video Converter. Using this simple program, you can easily process batches of big files. Or, if you have a single small clip to work with, you can use our online tool and convert SWF to QuickTime for free.
SWF vs. MOV comparison table
|File extension||.swf||.mov, .qt|
|File size||Small size||Larger size|
|Description||A popular file format used for vector graphics multimedia.||A container format with multiple tracks. Includes different types of media, such as audio, video, text, and more.|
View all parameters Hide the table
Frequently asked questions
Can I convert SWF to MOV (QuickTime) on Mac?
To convert SWF files to QuickTime (MOV) on Mac with Movavi Video Converter, follow this simple guide:
Get the Mac version of the Movavi converter:
- Install the program and launch it.
- Add your SWF files to the app by clicking Add Media and then Add Video.
- From the Video tab, choose a preferable MOV preset.
- Click Convert, wait for a short while, and you’re done!
Can I convert SWF to MOV with VLC?
Yes, to convert SWF to MOV with that app, do as follows:
Install and run VLC.
- Click Media and then choose Convert / Save.
- Click Add and open the SWF file you want to convert.
- Select Convert / Save below.
- In the new dialog box, click the Wrench icon, select MP4/MOV on the Encapsulation tab and click Create.
- Click Browse. Choose the destination folder and enter a name for the resulting MOV file. Then click Save.
- Hit Start to begin the conversion.
Can I convert SWF to MOV with FFmpeg?
Here is how to convert SWF to MOV using FFmpeg:
Download FFmpeg from the official website and unzip the archive.
- Add your video file to the folder where you keep the ffmpeg.exe file.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click inside that folder. Select Open command or PowerShell window here from the pop-up.
- Type the following command for the SWF file you want to be converted to a MOV file.
- For Command Prompt: ffmpeg -i input.swf output.mov
- For PowerShell: .\ffmpeg -i input.swf output.mov
- Replace input.swf with the name of the file you want to convert and replace output.mov with the name you want the result file to have.
- Press Enter. This command takes your SWF file and converts it into a MOV file in the same location.
Sign up for news and special offers