If you have lots of small video clips and files, you may want to join them together into one big file. But how to merge videos in Windows 10? Well, there are many simple video joiners and video combiners you can use to combine videos on Windows 10. This guide will cover some of the simplest video mergers and solutions you can use today to combine multiple videos into one and join clips together on a PC, laptop, and other Windows devices.
Comparison of the best tools to combine videos on Windows 10
|Movavi Video Editor Plus||Users who want to be able to edit and adjust videos with ease|
|Windows Photos||Users who don't want to download or install extra apps|
|Windows Media Player||Users who want a simple way to play their new videos|
|VLC||Users who want a free, simple solution for video merging|
|Joyoshare VidiKit||Users who want a merger, cutter, recorder, and converter all-in-one|
|VSDC Free Video Editor||Users with an advanced level of video editing experience|
|EaseUS Video Editor||Users without much technical experience|
View all programs Hide the table
7 easiest video joiners for Windows 10 to merge videos together
Movavi Video Editor Plus is another option to consider when you want to do some video stitching or splicing or if you need to concatenate several video files together. This is an advanced video-editing program, offering professional-level editor tools and features but with a beginner-friendly user interface that anyone can understand. Using Movavi Video Editor Plus is really simple, and you can add tracks and assemble large new video files in a matter of minutes. You can also use this program to edit your files in other ways, with editing features like trim, crop, rotate, and advanced filters and transitions too.
- Lots of advanced editing features
- Beginner-friendly user interface
- No ads and no watermark when using the premium version
- Free trial only lasts for 7 days
How to use:
- Download and install Movavi Video Editor Plus.
- Open the program, click Add Files to add some clips from your device. Then drag and drop your clips to the Timeline from Media Bin.
- Arrange clips as you see fit and add some transitions if you want.
- Click Export to save the edited video.
To learn how to merge videos with Movavi Video Editor Plus, use the link below to move to the instructions.
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to combine two videos or combine several videos into one, without the need for any extra downloads or installations on Windows 10, you can use the platform's built-in Windows Photos app. As well as being useful for viewing and editing video and picture files on your Windows devices, this app can also be used to stitch and splice clips together. It's really simple to use and has the advantage of being already set up and ready to use on any modern Windows device.
- Free to use
- Ideal for beginners
- Already installed on all Windows 10 devices
- Lacks other features
How to use:
- First, open up the Photos app and start a new video project by clicking the New Video and New Video Project buttons in the top right.
- Next, add the files you want to compile together from your device or the web.
- Use the video-editing tools to edit your clips if desired and arrange them in the correct order in the timeline.
- When you're ready to save, click on the Export or Finish Video button in the top right corner and then Export or Save your new video.
Windows Media Player is another built-in Windows tool you can use for video playback and basic editing. However, you won't be able to use this program for combining or merging video files alone. You'll need to also download some additional software in the form of Windows Media Joiner. This is a free app that you can use to put video clips together to then play in Windows Media Player. The media player is one of the best app options you can use on Windows to play movie files and music, supporting all the big video and audio formats like MOV files, MP4 files, and AVI files.
- A reliable and widely-used media player
- Supports disc burning and ripping
- Completely free to use
- Windows Media Joiner must be installed first
How to use:
- Download Windows Media Joiner and install it.
- Open the joiner program and click File, then Add File, and then add the several video files you want to combine.
- Enter a title for your project in the Name tab and then press Combine.
- Once the joiner has connected your videos, you can open the new file in Windows Media Player to watch it.
VLC is a free, open-source media player and editor that can be used for video conversions, playback, and collating videos together too. It's seen by many as the easiest way to add three videos together, or more short clips, into one complete file. You can use VLC quickly and easily to combine clips and then play them back in the same app. This program supports all major video formats, such as MP4, AVI, MOV, and so on, and it can be used for audio files too, as well as for converting from one format to another in a matter of minutes.
- Works as a media player
- Lots of advanced editing features and functionalities
- Easy merging in a matter of minutes
- The interface is a little outdated
How to use:
- Download, install and open VLC Media Player on your Windows 10 device.
- Click Media, then Open Multiple Files and choose the files you want to combine.
- Once you've added the files to merge, press the Convert/Save button and click on Convert from the dropdown menu.
- Next, press Browse and select a location for your new video to be saved.
- Then adjust the settings to suit your needs and press Start to merge your clips together.
Joyoshare VidiKit is an all-in-one video merger, cutter, converter, and screen recorder. It offers very fast processing speeds, letting you merge clips together really quickly, and also provides many additional features and functionalities like screen recording, video compression, subtitle creation, and so on, but you will need to pay to unlock and use some of the more advanced features of this particular piece of software.
- Very fast processing speeds
- Lots of advanced features
- Can be used for many different video editing tasks
- The free version has limitations
How to use:
- Download, install and open the Joyoshare VidiKit program.
- Drag and drop files onto the window or click the Open File button to choose the files you want to merge.
- Choose your merging mode - you can select High-Speed mode to combine videos together very quickly or use Encoding mode if combining clips of different formats.
- Use the editing tools, if desired, to trim and edit your video.
- Click Convert to start the merging process and then save your new video to your device.
VSDC Free Video Editor is another video editing program you can use for joining video clips, as well as editing, adding effects, adjusting the audio, converting into different formats, authoring DVDs, and more. It's free to use and available in many languages, designed mainly for intermediate and advanced users. Beginners might be put off by the complex user interface, but if you have video editing experience, you can find a lot to love about this program.
- Pro-level video editing
- Also supports conversion, DVD creation, and more
- Completely free to use
- May be too complex for beginners
How to use:
- Download, install and open VSDC.
- Start a new project and add multiple files to your timeline.
- Use the time buttons to set the time when each file appears so that they appear one after another.
- Adjust the order and make any edits, as needed, before saving your new video.
EaseUS Video Editor is another type of editing software you can use to merge videos together. Unlike certain other video editors, EaseUS is quite easy to use, even for beginners, with drag and drop systems and easy-to-read menus that can help you save time on simple editing tasks. Well-suited to users of all skill levels, it can be used to splice, trim, cut, rotate, and add effects to your videos.
- Suitable for all skill levels
- 50+ effects and transitions
- Useful for all kinds of editing
- Quite expensive
How to use:
- Download and install EaseUS Video Editor.
- Import the source videos via the Import button or using the drag and drop system.
- Add videos to your project using the Add to Project button.
- Expert the merged videos as one file using the Export button.
How to combine multiple videos into one with Movavi Video Editor Plus
Step 1. Download and install Movavi Video Editor Plus
Download and install Movavi Video Editor Plus onto your Windows device. If you follow the installation instructions, the whole process should be complete in just a couple of minutes.
Step 2. Open the program and add your files
Once Movavi Video Editor Plus has been installed on your Windows device, you can launch it. Click Add Files to add the video clips you'd like to join together. The clips should load in and appear in the Media Bin. Drag and drop the files to the Timeline section at the bottom of the window. You can adjust the order of the clips by dragging them around the Timeline.
Step 3. Add transitions (optional)
At this point, once your clips are all in the right order, you can simply continue to the final step and save your new full-length video. Or you can make use of Movavi Video Editor Plus' built-in features to add transitions in between the different clips to add some style to your final video.
To do this, open the Transitions tab and select the transitions you like. Drag them down to the Timeline between each clip to add them. You may also use the Transition Wizard to quickly add random transitions or pick one to use throughout your entire video.
Step 4. Save the edited video
Once your video clips have been assembled and you're ready to merge them together, click on the Export button on the right side. A pop-up window should appear where you can adjust settings and choose from different presets for popular devices, as well as select a video format of your choice, such as AVI, WMV, and MP4. When you've selected the right parameters for your project, press the Start button to begin the merge process and save your new video file.
There are many situations when you might need to merge video files together, and as this guide shows, there are plenty of different tools and apps to help with this process. We hope that our guide has helped you find a trusted video merge tool for Windows 10 that you can use now and in the future.
Frequently asked questions
How do I combine videos on Windows 10 for free?
To combine videos on Windows 10 for free, you can simply make use of a free video merger tool, such as the built-in Windows Photos app or VLC media player.
How do I combine MP4 videos into one?
There are various tools and programs you can use to combine multiple MP4 clips into one large video file. Movavi Video Editor Plus is a very useful program for this.
Can I merge videos on Windows Media Player?
You can't use Windows Media Player alone to join video files together. Instead, you'll need to install the Windows Media Joiner app, which is a separate download and install to Windows Media Player. You can then use this tool to merge your videos and then play them in Windows Media Player.
Can I merge videos on Windows Movie Maker?
Yes, it is possible to use Windows Media Maker to merge clips together. To do this, simply open the program, click Add Videos and Photos to add the files you want to combine. You can then arrange them in an order of your choosing and save the whole project as a new, large video.
Sign up for news and special offers