Edited by Ben Jacklin
April 27, 2022
Like any other competitive online game, Fortnite gives you the opportunity to experience a lot of humorous and MLG-like moments. You may want to save these moments as video clips to compile into a single video and amaze your YouTube viewers. Recording and analyzing replays can be useful if you want to improve your performance and become an unstoppable cyber athlete. However, capturing Fortnite gameplay with OBS or any other open-source software can be a complicated process. So, the question is how to record Fortnite on a PC?
How to clip Fortnite on a PC
If you are looking for the best clipping software for Fortnite, try Gecata by Movavi. This simple yet powerful software lets you easily record gameplay as well as your webcam. Just download the program, follow the four simple steps below, and your recordings will be ready in a couple of clicks!
Here’s how to clip Fortnite on a PC with Movavi.
Step 1. Install and launch the program
Download the installation file, launch it, and follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. Double-click the program icon on the desktop to open it.
Step 2. Adjust the recording settings
In the main window, make sure the Capture mode is set to Game. To record sound through your mic and video from your webcam along with the in-game footage, make sure both Microphone and Webcam are activated on the Devices tab. You can switch between multiple microphones or webcams by selecting from the lists above the icons.
Step 3. Record the gameplay
To be sure that you don’t miss anything, start capturing before you launch the game. Click Start Recording, then open the Epic Game Launcher and launch the game. After you exit the game, click the Stop button in the program window to finish the recording.
You can use hotkeys to control the recording during gameplay. Press F10 to start or stop the recording and F9 to pause and resume. Use F8 to grab a screenshot and F11 to display an overlay that shows FPS, duration of the recording, and free space remaining on your hard disk.
Step 4. Save the recording
After you click the Stop button, Gecata automatically saves the recorded video to the Videos\Gecata by Movavi folder. You can access the file by clicking the Folder icon.
Conclusion: How to record Fortnite in the best way possible
If you want to make a high-quality video of your Fortnite records and achievements, take a look at the useful tips below:
- Use the right PC. Recording gameplay footage, editing, and rendering require CPU and GPU power. Keep in mind that only a powerful PC can handle high-quality recording of a game with high graphics settings.
- Choose a video capture card. If you are planning to only record Fortnite gameplay from a PC, there’s no need for a capture card. However, a video capture card is necessary to record footage from consoles and cameras. External cards are portable, easier to use, and mostly cheaper than internal capture cards. Internal capture cards connect directly to the motherboard and thus ensure a faster connection and data transfer as well as improved stability.
- Find the convenient recording software. Some of the best screen recorders are free and open-source. If you aren’t satisfied with free software and want a premium solution, remember to check out user reviews and the trial version before buying a recorder.
- Use the optimal recording settings. Video's resolution, number of frames per second, and bitrate directly affect video quality. The optimal settings for recording are 1080p resolution, 60 fps frame rate, and a bitrate of 10 MB per second. If your PC still struggles with simultaneously gaming and recording, you can lower the resolution to 720p and the framerate to 30 fps.
Frequently asked questions
How do you record gameplay in Fortnite?
You can easily record Fortnite clips on a PC with Gecata by Movavi. Download the program and follow the steps below:
- Install and launch the program.
- Adjust the recording settings.
- Begin the recording.
- Stop the recording and save it.
What is the best clipping software for Fortnite?
If you are looking for the best software to record Fortnite replays, take a look at the list below:
- Gecata by Movavi
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay
- OBS Studio
- Action! Screen Recorder
For more details, click the link below and check out the full article.
Sign up for news and special offers