Movavi Video Converter
The ideal way to get your media in the format you need!
How to convert VLC to MP4 with VLC converter
VLC is a free, portable, open-source, and cross-platform media player. It is developed by the VideoLAN project and available for desktop operating systems such as Windows 7/8/10 and mobile platforms such as Android and iOS. VLC can also serve as a video converter. Follow the instructions below to change VLC to MP4.
2. From the top navigation bar, hit Media, then select Convert / Save.
3. Click Add to find and add files you want to convert, then click Convert/ Save.
4. In the Convert window, hit the Profile dropdown menu and select the preferred MP4 profile.
5. Click the Browse button at the bottom of the Convert window to choose the output folder for your new MP4 file and click Start to convert VLC to MP4. Wait for the process to be complete. If transcoding a lengthy video file, you will have to wait a little longer for the conversion to finish.
To transform videos to MP4, use these steps:
1. Download and install Movavi’s VLC-to-MP4 converter. Ensure to follow the instructions on the screen during installation.
2. Launch the program. Click Add Media, then Add Video and choose the file you want to convert to MP4.
3. Choose MP4 as the target format: open the Video tab, select MP4, and select the appropriate preset.
4. Specify the output folder by clicking the Save to button at the bottom of the program window. Finally, click the Convert button to start transforming your file to MP4. Wait for the process to complete — it won't take long.
Fastreel is one of the best online video editors that won't let you down. It is easy to use and designed to make the entire process of converting VLC to MP4 fast and enjoyable. Here is how to use it to convert videos to MP4 —follow the steps below:
2. Click the Add Your Files button or drag and drop the video for conversion into the web page.
3. On the next page, click Export Result, then click the Download button to save the output video. You’ll also get the download link which you can use on any device.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, it is. It is available, free to change to any kind of use, including commercial use. However, it is worth noting that re-distribution is subject to the GPLv2. So if you decide to sell it (which would be legal), you will have to give your customers the exact source code.
You can get the latest version of VLC by following the link below: