2019-03-04 By Nataly Bogorad
How to Post a Video on Instagram
Statistics show that ‘how to post a video on Instagram’ is one of the commonly searched ‘how-tos’ on Google. Apparently, as more people get on Instagram, the higher the number of searchers who are curious to know how to add video to Instagram.
As one of the largest social networking platforms out there, Instagram is notoriously known for attracting millions of people across the globe. This makes it a good platform to pitch your business ideas and any other information you think the world should know.
Instagram is increasingly used by virtually all ages [young and old] and generations.
Although Instagram was earlier touted as a place for sharing photos and connecting with friends, colleagues, and family, the platform has transformed itself into a whole lot more – a business hub, the largest global customer base, home of trending news, fun and entertainment, and the media of the fashion world. You are likely to find just about anything on Instagram.
More so, the trend has gradually shifted from mere photo uploads to videos and clips of movies and music.
Videos tend to appeal more to people of all ages – and for good reasons. Videos allow you to pass your message more effectively and allow your audience to relate with the message being passed. It is no wonder statistics show that Instagram videos get 21.2% more interactions than photos.
Do you want to leverage Instagram as a video marketing tool? Or a platform you can share interesting messages with your friends and family? Whatever the case may be, learning about how to put videos on Instagram is a good place to start. So, let’s get started already!
How to Put Videos on Instagram
How do you post a video on Instagram? Learning how to post a video on Instagram may sound basic but it is, in fact, a common worry among most Instagram users, especially those new to the platform. Posting a video on Instagram is somewhat different from other online platforms.
Consequently, it requires some basic steps to navigate your way without much stress.
If you are yet confused as to how to go about it, then you will find this article very useful.
In this article, you will learn the different ways to add a video to Instagram and the basic steps involved in each method. You are in for a treat!
1. Create and Post Your Video Directly on Instagram
Instagram users are allowed to make videos on the platform and post it right away. You do not need any prior knowledge in tech to post a video on Instagram. With this method, you can make a video at the spot and post it right away. No special requisite or additional app is required.
Here are the steps involved.
- You will have to locate the + symbol on the bottom feeder of your desktop, PC, or smartphone.
- Upon clicking on the + symbol, you will be asked if you want to make a video or upload a photo. Simply click on ‘video’ and hold to record. Note you must hold the red circle until the end of the video. The video ends immediately you remove your finger from the circle.
- Holding down the red circle, you are allowed to make any video of your choice between 3 to 60 seconds. Yes, Instagram videos are typically short. Good news is, you can make as many videos as you want.
- Also, editing options are made available to users who are interested in editing their videos before posting. You can change the video cover, add a filter, and even tag your location.
- After which, you can post your video immediately to your feed. Easy, right?
2. Record and Post Your Video with Movavi Video Suite
Uploading recorded videos is a prominent option among Instagram users. You can record a video on your PC or smartphone and upload it to your news feed on Instagram. This method is commonly used as it gives you the opportunity to record and edit the video with special video editing tools such as Movavi Video Suite. This tool helps you to create high-quality videos better than what you would ordinarily create with your Instagram camera. Unlike videos made directly on Instagram, you have more editing features to work with. Let’s face it, Instagram video editing capabilities are limited. You are given limited options to choose from as such you may not get the 100% satisfaction from the work. Employing professional video editing tools, on the other hand, gives you a variety of editing options to choose from and a better-adapted camera with higher megapixels to create breath-taking videos. The quality is unmatched!
And even betters, uploading recorded videos is incredibly fast and easy. You can also upload the recorded link to the video. With a few simple steps, your video is online for your friends and family to see.
Simply follow these steps to upload videos saved in your desktop, smartphone or PC - both Windows and Mac alike.
- First, open the Instagram app on your computer or any other device and log in if your account is not open on the device.
- Second, click on the + sign on the footer of your device.
- Third, select ‘Library’ from the displayed options.
- Choose the recorded video from your camera roll. Note you can trim the video to meet the required 60-seconds rule. Also, note you can upload as many videos as you wish to.
- Lastly, you can edit the video further if you wish to and add a caption and location too.
- At this stage, your video is ready to be uploaded to your feed. Simple!
3. Make a Video with Insta Stories
One of the newly added features on Instagram is the Instagram Stories (dubbed Insta Stories). This feature which came in full swing in 2016 is now one of the popular methods to add videos on Instagram. With Insta Stories, you can make videos at the spot like in method #1 or upload already recorded video like in method #2. The distinguishing factor is that videos uploaded to Insta Stories have a maximum length of 15 seconds and last for only 24 hours. Through this method, Instagram users can post music clips, movies, and a photo slide show without having it appear on that profile or feed. Your followers will have to click on their Insta Stories to see your uploads in the last 24 hours. Posting a video to your Insta Story is just as easy as the aforementioned methods. Uploading recorded videos follow the same steps as in method #2.
For creating on-the-spot videos, simply follow these steps to have a seamless experience using Insta Stories.
- Of course, you will have to log into your account if it is not already open on the device.
- Click on the ‘New Story Post’ option on your home page. It is represented by a + sign in the upper left corner of your device. You can also locate this feature by swiping right on your home page.
- Once located, tap and hold the record button until you are done recording your video.
- Be sure to enable sound while recording if you want sound with your video. You can also make a ‘no-sound-video.’ Simply disable the sound icon while recording.
- Users are also given the opportunity to edit their videos and add caption through Insta Stories.
- And you are good to go!
Posting videos on Instagram does not require any prior knowledge in tech or special skills. It is as easy as A B C. The aforementioned methods are sure to answer all your questions on how to post a video on Instagram as well as how to add videos to Instagram. Do well to check them out and leave us your feedback. We will love to hear your story.
Movavi Video Suite
Everything you need to create and edit multimedia files
- Edit videos and create slideshows
- Capture screencasts or streaming web videos
- Save videos for viewing on mobile devices
- Convert media files and DVDs