Screen grabbers for any device
Edited by Ben Jacklin
July 5, 2021
Here are the 4 best screen grabbers:
- Movavi Screen Recorder – a desktop program
- Awesome Screenshot – an extension for your browser
- Screenshot Guru – an online tool
- Screenshot Easy – an Android app
Are you looking for a way to capture an image of a site you’re looking at or content you’re creating to show someone a preview of your work? Then you need a high-quality screen grabber for the job. In this post, we’ll be giving you information about screen grabber tools that you can use on any device.
How to choose and download a screen grabber for Windows and Mac
Best for: Webinars, online calls, and screen grabbing on any device
G2 rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars, 44 reviews
Movavi Screen Recorder is a versatile software. This tool offers a screen grabber so you can quickly share images of your screen with anyone over the internet. You can take instant high-resolution screenshots to share with your friends or colleagues. This screen grabbing tool is ideal if you want to create reports or send troubleshoots to tech support.
- Easy to adjust settings
- You can edit the captured image
- Save images in popular formats
- Multiple export options
- Have to purchase full version to unlock features
How to use Movavi Screen Recorder
Step 1. Download and install Movavi Screen Recorder
Download the screen grabber from the website, then open the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the program on your desktop or laptop. After the installation is complete, click the Start button in the installation window to launch Screen Recorder.
Step 2. Adjust the settings
First, click the Screenshot icon to define the capture area. You can grab an entire screen or just a part of it. To grab the entire screen, move the mouse pointer to the top left corner and click. To grab only a part of the screen, draw the frame over the area you want to screenshot using your mouse. To save a screenshot of just one program window, move the pointer over the window and wait till the frame around the window appears and then click on it.
If you’re not satisfied with the frame position for the screenshot you’ve selected, just pull the edges of the capture frame to adjust it.
Step 3. Edit and save the captured image
After you’ve selected the capture area, the editing panel appears. Use the editing panel to change your picture. Add lines, arrows, frames and change its colors by clicking the corresponding icons. Draw attention to important elements with the highlighter tool.
To save the image on your computer, click the Save button. You can also copy your screenshot to the clipboard or upload it to cloud storage – just click the appropriate icon.
Screen grabbers with free download for Windows
Best for: Executives, analysts, and students who want to take quality screenshots of their work.
If you have a Windows 10 operating system, then you can use the built-in Snipping Tool to grab screenshots of your work. This tool can take screenshots of an open window, an entire screen, or rectangular areas. You can then edit your image using your mouse. If you don’t have it installed on your PC, you can get the screen grabber for free on the Microsoft store.
- Comes pre-installed for Windows users
- Easy to capture any screen
- High-quality images
- It’s free to use
- Limited import options
- Doesn’t have a multi capture option
Best for: Anyone who wants to take screenshots of sources, words, or images to share with others.
G2 rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars, 15 reviews
TinyTake is a free screen grabber for Windows and Mac users. With this software, you can grab screenshots of any image or video on your laptop or PC screen. Once you’ve taken your screenshot, you can annotate it and share it with anyone on the internet. With this screen grabber tool, you can capture an entire screen, a small region or a window.
- Zoom in and zoom out features
- Store screenshots in the cloud
- Annotate an existing image
- You can capture an image using your webcam
- Images aren’t always the best quality
- A free version has limitations
Screen grabbers with free download for Mac
Best for: Executives, designers, and sales representatives who want to share their screenshots with clients.
Trustpilot rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Screenrec is a green grabber free to download on Mac devices. With a click of a button, you can start capturing shots of your PC or laptop screen. Once you’ve captured your image, you can annotate your screenshots by adding comments or highlight important sections of your image to make them stand out. You can either save the file to your desktop to email it to someone or you can get a shared link so you can send it via a chat.
- The content you share is encrypted
- Excellent image quality
- Captures windows or an entire screen
- Easy to annotate images
- Free to download
- No video editing features
- Can be difficult for some users
Best for: Marking up PDFs and grouping screenshots together to share with others.
G2 rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Use Skitch to take screenshots to send previews of your work to clients. You can snap images of your screen and then markup your creations to send to friends. For PDFs, you can send screenshots of sections you want changed without sending the entire document back. You can save your screenshots in various formats to share via SMS, email, or in a group chat.
- Has a variety of editing options
- You can blur parts of images you don’t want others to see
- Add text or shapes to your images
- You can take timed screenshots
- Saving or exporting screenshots could be more intuitive
- Sometimes the app crashes
Free screen grabbers for browsers
Best for: Video editors, students, and executives who want to record and share analytics with others.
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Awesome Screenshot offers a screen recorder and video editing features. It’s also a feature-rich screen grabber for PCs or mobile browsers. There’s a two-tab menu that allows you to select between the screen grabber and recorder. You can capture a visible part, entire page, or simply select a part you want to share. What’s more, you can resize or crop your screenshots to cut out sensitive information.
- Save screenshots in JPG or PNG format
- Send screenshots on various platforms such as Asana or Slack
- Annotate screenshots with various shapes
- Add text to your screenshots easily
- Sometimes the program lags
Best for: People in any industry that want to capture their screens to share with others.
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Lightshot allows you to take clear screenshots of the page on your browser screen. You can select any part of the page to capture, edit and send your screenshots to anyone over the internet. Save your screenshots on your device or upload it to the cloud to save on storage space.
- Allows you to search for similar screenshots
- Supports up to 40 languages
- Easy screenshot edits
- You can copy screenshots onto your clipboard
- Sometimes doesn’t capture the entire screen
- Can sometimes slow down your browser
Best for: Anyone who needs to capture a screenshot of their browser page to share it with others.
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Movavi offers plenty of digital tools from video converters to a free screen grabber. This screen grabber is a browser extension suitable for Firefox and Google Chrome. It can print screen your page in multiple sizes, and it can include all open tabs in your image. The screen grabber produces high-resolution screenshots that you can send through any channel such as email or chat groups.
- Doesn’t need special permission for installation
- Captures in various sizes
- Can save images in JPEG, PDF, or GIF
- May not work with Nimbus
Online screen grabbers
Best for: Twitter users who want to capture shots of tweets online.
Whether you want to capture a tweet on Twitter or information from a Facebook or LinkedIn page, Screenshot Guru is the tool for the job. This program is an online screen grabber for websites but it can’t capture web pages that require a login, such as Gmail mailbox. On the other hand, the tool works to capture lengthy web pages.
- Has frames to put around captures
- Streamlined interface
- Takes shots of lengthy web pages
- No need for screen capture software
- No options to customize outputs
- Can’t capture pages that need login details
Best for: Anyone who wants to capture and edit images on their screen to share with others.
You can capture and edit any image you screen grab on the Internet with Screenshot.net, such as media files, web pages and menus. It also works well with any operating system, namely Android, Windows, and Mac. This screen grabber offers flexible screenshot modes so you can capture images of a specific area or screen grab the entire page.
- Allows you to take scheduled screenshots
- Offers plenty of editing functions
- Annotation is effortless
- Captures high-quality images
- May be complicated for non-tech-savvy people
Best for: Desktop users that need to take high-resolution screenshots online.
Online Screenshot is a free tool that allows you to take high-resolution screen captures. This screen grabber tool supports all operating systems, such as Android or Mac, and you can use it on tablets, smartphones, or your desktop. All screen grabs can be saved in different formats such as PNG, JPEG, and PDF.
- Set custom cookies for each request
- Save files in different formats
- Captures quality screenshots
- Works on any browser
- Doesn’t work well with proxy servers
- Does have a slight screenshot delay
Screen grabbers for Android
Best for: Anyone who wants to take screenshots on their Android or tablet device.
Google Play rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Screenshot Easy is the best screen grabber for any Android device such as tablets or smartphones. With this app, you can also screen record to send videos to anyone through your device. When you take screenshots with this program, you can preview, edit and share them directly to anyone of your contacts. There are multiple editing options for you to use that allows you to add layers, text, and emoticons.
- You can crop or rotate your images
- There are multiple features to edit images
- A screen grabber with free download
- Deletes your screenshots when you uninstall the app
- Deletes screenshots without permission
Best for: Anyone who needs to share fun or important screenshots with people.
Google Play rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Screenshot is a screen grabber app that’s free to download. It’s also user-friendly. All you have to do is press your smartphone’s power button and volume down button to capture your screen. You can set the path to save your screenshot so that it’s easy to find images. It allows you to edit your screenshots before sending them so you can cut out sensitive information that you don’t want to share.
- User friendly
- Allows you to add text to screenshots
- You decide whether you want to save or delete your screenshot
- Browse and edit all your screenshots in your folder
- May not work for certain Android systems such as the 5G Note20
- The settings menu is limited
Best for: Anyone who has a touch screen smartphone or tablet.
Google Play rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
The Screenshot Touch is an app that allows you to take screenshots by touching your screen or even shaking the device. Once you’ve captured your image, you can rotate, crop or add text to it. Additionally, you get to choose how you share your screenshots through other apps such as Whatsapp or Signal.
- Choose your save directory
- JPEG quality images
- Dynamic editing functions
- Allows you to record your screen with a video option
- Has in-app ads
- The app may not work on newer Android phones
Comparing screen grabbers
|Movavi Screen Recorder|
View al programs Hide the table
Frequently asked questions
What is the best screen grabber?
The best screen grabbers are the following:
- Movavi Screen Recorder
- Snipping Tool
- Awesome Screenshot
- Movavi ScreenShot
- Screenshot Guru
- Online Screenshot
- Screenshot Easy
- Screenshot Touch
What is the best screen grabber for PC?
Here is the list of the best screen grabbers for your PC:
- Movavi Screen Recorder
- Snipping Tool
What is the best screen grabber for iOS?
One of the best options is to use a built-in iOS feature for taking screenshots. It provides basic tools, so you can easily grab a screen and then make simple edits.
Sign up for news and special offers