|Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome||Easy-to-use UI|
|Screencastify||Edit captured video|
|Awesome Screenshot||Sharing videos|
|Nimbus||Record from webcam and screen|
|Vidyard||Track who watches your videos|
|Droplr||Cloud storage facility|
|Vmaker||4K video recording|
|Vimeo Record||Private video link sharing|
|Hippo Video||Create professional-looking videos|
|Screen Recorder by Scre.io||Unlimited video recording|
|Fluvid||No watermark recording|
View all programs Hide the table
Special pick: Movavi Screen Recorder
Our special pick is Movavi Screen Recorder for your PC or Mac. This software comes with an easy-to-use user interface that will let you capture your screen without any hassle. You can also set up all your recording parameters according to your preference.
Best Chrome screen recorders
Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome
Best for: Easy-to-use UI
Chrome Web Store rating: 3.3 out of 5, 16 reviews
Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome is one of the best Chrome screen recorders. It’s an easy-to-use screen capturing application that will let you capture any window, screen, or tab with one click. It is completely free. Besides capturing audio using a microphone, you can record any desktop screen or web page. Users can also record tab sounds and embed their webcam image into the capture. The best thing about the extension is that it is completely secure. No one can see your recordings. Also, there will be no scanning of your browser data. There is no need to install any kind of special launchers or plugins. You need to add the extension to Google Chrome and pin the same in the browser. Movavi Screen Recorder allows unlimited recording, and the videos you capture are free to download.
- Unlimited recording facility
- Free video download
- Easy-to-use UI
- Record webpage sounds or from other tabs
- Feature to embed webcam footage into recording video
- Saves videos in PC storage
- Allows one-click screen recording with zero hassle
- The free version comes with a watermark
- No option to edit screen recordings
Best for: One-click recording
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.7 out of 5, 10,021 reviews
Now you can record your camera and screen with a single click with the help of Loom. Also, this screen recorder will let you share your recordings instantly using a link. It is one of the fastest ways of capturing a screen. You can also record internal audio using a microphone. You can find all your recordings in cloud storage and share your videos from there. The best thing about this screen recorder is that you will get notifications when someone views, comments or reacts to your videos. It allows screen recordings in various formats, and the maximum that it allows is 4K. You can add camera effects to your recordings that can help in taking your videos to a whole new level. Users can also upload Google Meet and Zoom meetings into Loom directly to watch later. It is well known for being an interactive option as you can drive engagement with the help of emoji reactions and comments. It can help in boosting your engagement. You can regard this as one of the best screen recorder Chrome extensions.
- Cloud storage facility
- Record camera or screen for free
- Easy sharing with a shareable link
- Record screen in 720p, 1080p, 1440p, and 4K
- Make hashtags to track vital videos
- Select who sees your videos with access and security controls
- Manage your Loom video library from any device
- The screenshot feature won’t allow editing images
Best for: Edit captured video
Chrome Web Store rating: 4 out of 5, 11,704 reviews
Screencastify is a well-known screen recorder Chrome extension with audio. You can create, edit, or share your videos within a few seconds. You can create superb videos with the help of easy-to-use tools. Users can capture their desktop, browser tab, and also webcam. Besides allowing users to embed their webcam into the screen recording, it allows microphone audio. The best thing about the extension is that you can trim the beginning and end of all your videos. Screencastify offers the feature of merging videos from anywhere. You can add text, blur, crop, and zoom in on your recordings. There is no limit on the videos you record. But there is an upper limit of screen recording of five minutes if you go for the free version. You can export your recordings as animated GIFs, MP3, or MP4. Screencastify can serve as a savior for education, work, and entertainment.
- Trim your videos
- Share videos on Google Drive
- Manage and save videos locally
- Find out who saw your videos
- Use questions to engage viewership
- Direct publishing feature to YouTube
- The free version comes with a limit of five minutes to record videos
Best for: Sharing videos
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.6 out of 5, 24,616 reviews
Awesome Screenshot is a superb screen recorder Chrome extension that’s free and comes packed with lots of features. You can do various things with this, like capturing a screenshot of the pages you visit. While taking screenshots, you can determine whether you want to capture the full page or certain areas. You can also edit your screenshots like cropping or resizing, annotating screenshots with circles, rectangles, lines, etc. The extension also allows the addition of text along with background color, new fonts, and sizes. If users want, they can blur out important information on their screenshots. You can record videos in 720p, 1080p, and 4K. Users can download their videos in MP4 or WebM format. The best thing about the extension is that you can either save your recordings in an online account or your local PC storage. There are no ads, and you can get the full protection of your privacy.
- 2 in 1 screen capture and screenshot facility
- Great customer service
- Cloud and local screen recorder
- Edit your recordings
- Instant sharing feature
- Highlight necessary information on screenshots and videos
- A screen recorder Chrome extension with MP4 file capture
- Difficulty capturing dropdown box items
- Cloud space is limited
Best for: Record from webcam and screen
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.6 out of 5, 16,228 reviews
Nimbus is an easy-to-use and simple screen recorder with audio that allows users to capture their screen. You can record the whole screen or a part of it. You can also take screenshots with the help of this. Users can edit and annotate their recordings using the screenshot tool, which comes quite handy. Nimbus will also let you record from your webcam. You can crop and trim your recordings as per your need. The premium version of this extension will let you use your watermark so that no one gets to copy it or use it somewhere else. The videos that you record can either be stored in local storage or in Nimbus Note which the developer provides. Nimbus will let you publish your screencasts to YouTube directly if you go for the premium version.
- Partial or whole screen recording
- Edit and annotate screenshots
- Record directly from a webcam
- Record your screen and audio
- Crop recording using the video recorder
- Edit recordings with ease
- Add text boxes and graphics to screenshots
- Most editing features are only available in the premium version
Best for: Track who watches your videos
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.3 out of 5, 1,316 reviews
If you are looking out for a simple and hassle-free screen recording Chrome extension, Vidyard is a great choice. You can capture your screen, share the same, and keep track of all those who watch your videos. The screen recorder makes it easy to establish better communication using videos. You can record your screen and share it for employee onboarding, customer presentations, team updates, and so on with only a few clicks. With Vidyard, you can record your videos in high quality. The best thing about the extension is that you can add speaking notes and draw on the screen while recording. You can send out video emails from Gmail or directly to any social media platform. The addition of GIF thumbnails to recordings can make your videos more entertaining. You need to pin the extension in Google Chrome and start recording with only one click.
- Easy and fast video recording and screen capture
- HD video recording feature
- Trim recordings
- Find out who is watching your videos
- Check out the duration of the video streaming
- Add speaking notes
- Draw on screen
- Lacks editing features
Best for: Cloud storage facility
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.1 out of 5, 226 reviews
Droplr is an all-in-one screen recorder and screenshot extension for Chrome. You can record the screen and take screenshots instantly. You will get all your screenshots and screen recordings in the cloud. You will get a link that you can share with anyone anywhere. The UI is quite simple and clean. Users can save their screenshots as PNG and screen recordings as WebM on their devices. Droplr will let you highlight your videos using color and add texts whenever you need them. The image editor will allow you to add shapes such as arrows, boxes, circles, and lines to your videos. There is also a feature of adding more than thirty emojis to your screenshots. You can find the screenshots you take and screen recordings in your Droplr cloud account. So, users can access all their screen recordings and screenshots whenever they want to.
- Add special shapes to screenshots
- Add interesting emojis to recordings and screenshots
- Easy cloud storage feature
- Annotate screen recordings
- Quick sharing link
- Simple and clean user interface
- No feature of direct social media upload
Best for: 4K video recording
Chrome Web Store rating: 3.6 out of 5, 31 reviews
Vmaker is a Chrome extension that is revolutionizing video chats without the chat. You can record your webcam, screen, or both simultaneously and share it with others from anywhere. With the help of this extension, communicating with employees, clients, and others can be made more cost-effective, productive, and interactive. Vmaker combines the idea of a video call with the feature of documenting that you can get in emails. The developers say that Vmaker is a combination of Zoom and Gmail, which is simple to use for everyone. With this, users can record the screen in 4K. You can customize a virtual background as you record using a webcam. It offers tools like Screen Blur, Mouse Emphasis, and Screen Annotate. You can turn on the auto-deletion feature for your recordings by setting an expiry timestamp. The best thing about the extension is that it offers unlimited storage for your videos in the cloud. There is no limitation on the videos you can record, save, or edit. You will need to pay if you want to record your videos in high quality. You can record external audio, use it in your video, and edit the same if you need.
- Benefits of video calling and documentation in one place
- 4K video recording
- Useful editing tools
- Custom background to record from webcam
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Auto deletion feature with the help of expiry timestamp
- Professional editing features are available in the paid version
Best for: Private video link sharing
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.6 out of 5, 1,128 reviews
Vimeo Record can help you record and share unlimited video messages quickly. Vimeo Record can meet all your needs, whether you need video recording for design feedback, a product demo, or a normal communication session. You can select to record your screen, face, voice, or a combination of all these. After you finish your screen recording, you can share the video instantly using a private link. Every video that you record will be available on Vimeo automatically. The screen recorder extension offers users various features like tools to replace and organize videos, the addition of chapter markers, and many others. You can get notifications when someone starts watching your video. You can get insights into your videos. You can organize your recordings in team folders that will notify anyone who has access to the new content folder. There is no upper limit on recording videos.
- Fast recording with two clicks
- Private link sharing
- Use viewer analytics
- Unlimited recording facility
- Secure sharing feature
- Record face, voice, screen, or everything in combination
- No tools to edit recordings
Best for: Create professional-looking videos
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.2 out of 5, 1,641 reviews
Hippo Video is one of the best screen recording extensions for Chrome. You can instantly record, edit, and share your videos with a professional touch. The powerful video editor will let you edit your videos and share them across various platforms. Users can keep track of how their video is performing. Hippo Video also acts as a video distribution platform that supports marketing and sales teams to use their visual content in the best way. You can use your webcam to record videos. You can capture your screen and use a webcam simultaneously. There are two editing options. Quick Edit is for beginners, and Pro Edit is for professional users. It offers editing features like crop, trim, add tags, emojis, etc. You can also create personalized stories by adding intro and end to your video recordings. Users can add thumbnails and logos and change the color scheme. The paid plan starts at about $5 per month.
- Screen recording and webcam recording at the same time
- Powerful editing features
- Customize backgrounds
- Easy-to-use UI
- Unlimited video recording with paid plans
- Professional-grade video editing
- Professional editing tools available only with paid plans
Screen Recorder by Scre.io
Best for: Unlimited video recording
Chrome Web Store rating: 3.8 out of 5, 1,272 reviews
Using the Screen Recorder by Scre.io, you can capture your screen or record a video directly from your webcam. It is a simple Chrome extension that can meet all your basic screen recording needs. There is no need to sign up. The extension is completely free, and that too with no watermark. You can record unlimited videos with the click of a button. It comes with an autosaving feature to recover your recordings after a system crash. You can record audio from the system and microphone at the same time.
- Free screen recording
- Allows unlimited recording
- No watermarks
- There is no need to sign up
- No editing tools are available
Best for: No watermark recording
Chrome Web Store rating: 4.3 out of 5, 151 reviews
Fluvid is a free screen recording Chrome extension that allows users to capture and stream videos simultaneously. You can send video messages to anyone from anywhere and anytime. It also supports live streaming of videos and is compatible with every OS. It comes with various features that can pump up your screen recording.
- Simple UI
- Great for basics users
- Live streaming facility
- Easy sharing option
- It is a very basic extension that offers basic features
Now that you have so many options to record your screen, you can easily select the one that matches all your needs. But right before you get started with an extension, there are certain things that you will have to keep in mind.
- Usability: The extension you choose should be compatible with how you want to record, whether you opt for a paid recorder or a free one. There are screen recording extensions that offer plenty of features. However, lots of features might make things complex for you. So, choose an extension that is easy to use and also meets all your needs.
- Price: If you opt for a paid screen recorder, make sure it is within your budget. Try to opt for all those extensions that also offer a free trial. Various free screen recorders offer more features than paid ones. Make sure that you check the features according to the price.
- Features: You will have to ensure that the extension comes with all those features you require. You can filter the options according to your required features and usage.
- Customer support: Choosing an extension that provides great customer support will help ease your recording if you need any assistance.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best screen recorder for Google Chrome?
Here are some of the best recorders available:
- Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome
- Awesome Screenshot
- Vimeo record
- Hippo Video
- Screen Recorder by Scre.io
How do I record my screen on Google Chrome?
You can easily record your screen on Google Chrome using screen recording extensions like Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome. It is an easy-to-use screen recorder with which you can record your Google Chrome screen without any hassle. Here are the steps you will have to follow.
Start by adding the extension for Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome to Google Chrome.
- Click on the extension icon.
- Decide what you would like to capture – the entire screen or the current tab.
- Choose your recording preferences.
- Click Start Recording.
- Click Stop to finish recording. You can download the recording to your local storage.
Does Chrome have a screen recorder?
Google Chrome does not come with an in-built screen recorder. You can get various screen recorder extensions from the Chrome Web Store, like Movavi Screen Recorder for Chrome. Add the extension to your browser and click on it whenever you want to record something.
Sign up for news and special offers