How to Reverse Songs, Sounds and Other Audio
Edited by Pat Bitton
February 25, 2020
Have you ever wondered what your favorite song would sound like when played backwards? With Movavi Video Editor, you can reverse music in just a couple of clicks. Plus, the program lets you adjust playback speed and equalizer settings, remove noise, and even apply different audio effects like Radio, Echo, High / Low Pitch, and more.
Install Movavi’s Audio Reverser
Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Add an Audio File
Launch Movavi Video Editor and choose Create project in full feature mode. Then click Add Media Files and locate the music you want to play in reverse. The selected file will be added to the Timeline in the lower part of the program window.
Double-click the audio file on the Timeline to open the Tools menu. Locate and click the Reverse checkbox. Now you can play the music backwards – just click the corresponding button in the Player window, as shown in the screen image. You can also adjust Volume, Speed and Equalizer settings, apply Audio Effects and access other audio editing controls in the Tools menu.
Save the Audio
Click Export and choose the Save Audio File tab. Then select the output audio format that best meets your needs and click Start.
Movavi Video Editor is much more than audio reversing software. It will also help you create outstanding movies using special effects and filters, smooth transitions, animated titles, and other easy-to-use yet powerful tools.
Movavi Video Editor
Creating videos has never been so easy!
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and callouts
- Use special effects like Chroma Key and Slo Mo
- Export videos in any popular format
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more