MP3, or MPEG Audio Layer 3, is an algorithm for audio compression that is part of the MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 specifications. MP3 was originally developed in Germany in 1991 by the Fraunhofer Institute as a technology that uses perceptual audio coding to compress CD-quality sound by a factor up to 12, while providing almost the same fidelity and quality. Compression efficiency of lossy data compression encoders is typically defined by the bitrate, because compression rate depends on bit depth and sampling rate of the input signal.
With Movavi software, you can extract audio from video and save soundtracks to MP3.
Get Videos in the Format You Need with
Movavi Video Converter
- Convert video and audio between 180+ formats
- Save movies for viewing on 200+ mobile devices
- Rip DVDs to any popular video format
- Extract audio from video
- Upload video to YouTube and Facebook
- Trim, rotate, add subtitles
- Preview conversion results
- Process files instantly with no loss of quality
Why not go ahead and try Movavi Video Converter today?