How to Convert and Upload Video to YouTube
Edited by Ben Jacklin
November 7, 2019
A wide variety of devices are used for shooting video: camcorders, digital cameras, webcams, cell phones, and more, but most of them save video in non-standard formats. It can cause problems, for example, when you want to upload video to YouTube, the service doesn't support your video's format, and you have to change the format with a desktop tool or an online video converter because of this.
Here’s a table of formats YouTube does or does not support:
|Supported Formats||Unsupported Formats|
|DVD files (such as VOB, IFO, and BUP files)|
What if your format isn’t supported by YouTube? Movavi has developed a solution for these situations. Movavi Video Converter allows you to convert any video file to a YouTube-friendly format in no time. The program supports almost all popular video formats, including AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MOV, DVD, those of HD video, and many more. It also lets you do minor editing: trim and rotate video, adjust brightness, contrast, etc. Movavi Video Converter includes a set of specially tailored presets which can help you convert videos into just the right format for your purpose. The program has both a Windows and a Mac version.
To find out how to convert and upload your video clips to YouTube, follow the steps below.
Download the YouTube Video Converter
Download Movavi Video Converter – a powerful and easy-to-use YouTube converter. Run the downloaded file and install the program following the on-screen instructions.
Launch the Program and Add Videos for Conversion
Run the software. Click the Add Media button and then Add Video to select videos for conversion. If the original video source is a DVD, choose Add DVD to add files.
Select a YouTube Preset
In the Video tab in the lower part of the program window, open the Online Video category and select the appropriate YouTube preset.
Convert Your Movie
Click the Save to button and specify the folder where the program should place converted files. Finally, click Convert.
Start Uploading Video to YouTube
After the conversion is done, go to YouTube and log in. Click the Create a video or post icon in the top panel and select Upload video.
Before uploading, you should adjust the privacy settings. Open the Privacy drop-down list and select one of the options shown:
- Public – the video will be available for viewing by all visitors to the website.
- Unlisted – the video will be available for viewing only by those who follow a specific link generated by YouTube. Choose this option if you want to show the video only to specific people.
- Private – the video will be available for viewing only by users you invite through an email invitation. Choose this option if you’re concerned that a link to your video may get into the wrong hands.
- Scheduled – the video will be available for viewing at a specific time. Before that time, only select people will be able to see the video (just as with private access). Choose this option if you want to upload the video in advance.
Now click the icon in the center of the screen. In the window that opens, choose the files you want to upload and click Open.
Wait for the video to upload. This time, there should be no format problems. While the video is being processed, you can edit the title, description, and tags for your video in the corresponding fields and also change other parameters in the Advanced settings tab. When everything is ready, click Publish.
Movavi Video Converter
The ideal way to get your media in the format you need!
- Convert video, audio, DVDs, and image files
- Enjoy lightning-fast conversion without quality loss
- Improve quality, adjust sound, trim and join files before converting
- Save video and audio clips for easy mobile access