How to Convert MTS Files
The MTS format is commonly used to store HD video on AVCHD and Blu-ray discs. Because of their high resolution, MTS files can get pretty large. To be played on portable players and other mobile devices, MTS files need to be converted to a more appropriate format. Movavi Video Converter can easily undertake this task since it supports all popular video and audio formats, including DVD, MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG (MPEG), WMV, M2TS, and MP3.
Learn how to convert MTS video in just a few mouse clicks with Movavi’s MTS converter.
1. Install the Program on Your Computer
Download Movavi Video Converter for Windows or Mac. Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the software on your computer.
2. Add your MTS Video for Conversion
Click the Add Media button and then Add Video in the upper left corner of the converter interface. Choose one or more files to convert from MTS to another format.
3. Choose the Desired File Format
To find the output video format you want, click the Video tab. If you want to be able to play your converted video on a mobile device, click the Devices tab and choose your device model.
4. Set the Output Folder and Start the Conversion
By default, converted files are saved to the Movavi Library folder. To change to a different output folder, click the folder icon and choose a new folder. Click Convert to start converting the MTS files to the specified format. After the conversion is complete, the folder containing the converted files will open automatically.
Movavi Video Converter
The ideal way to get your media in the format you need!
- Convert video, audio, DVDs, and image files
- Enjoy lightning-fast conversion without quality loss
- Improve quality, adjust sound, trim and join files before converting
- Save video and audio clips for easy mobile access