[SOLVED] Print Screen Not Working on Windows 10/11
Ensure that the Print Screen function on your keyboard is enabled.
Check for programs running in the background that may have taken over your PrtScn button’s functionality.
Instead of using PrtScn by itself, see if holding a combination of hotkeys will work to capture your screen.
Take quick and easy screenshots with by using an application like Movavi Screen Recorder.
If your computer has an F-lock key, it may have locked the PrtScn button off.
If your keyboard driver isn’t up to date, it won’t communicate properly with your PC.
Our goal is to provide you with only verified information. To ensure this, Movavi Content Team does the following:
When selecting products to include in our reviews, we research both demand and popularity.
The team tests all the products mentioned in this article.
When testing, we compare the key characteristics of the products, which include selecting capture area, schedule recording, showing keystrokes and mouse, and other significant features.
We study user reviews from popular review platforms and make use of this information when writing our product reviews.
We collect feedback from our users and analyze their opinions of Movavi software as well as products from other companies.
6 quick fixes for the Print Screen button not working
1. Enable the Print Screen shortcut
2. Check for interfering background programs
3. Try one or more hotkey combinations
4. Use an alternative application – Movavi Screen Recorder
5. Make sure F-lock is off
6. Update your keyboard driver
Frequently asked questions
Why is my screenshot not working?
Your screenshot may not be working because a program running in the background, like OneDrive or Dropbox, may have taken over the function of the PrtScn button. Your PrtScn shortcut may be turned off. If you can’t diagnose the problem, you can take a screenshot with an application like Movavi Screen Recorder.
Why is my Print Screen not working?
A few possible reasons that your Print Screen button may have stopped working include:
- A background program interfering with the Print Screen functionality
- Your Print Screen keyboard shortcut is turned off
- Your keyboard driver needs to be updated
- You haven’t updated to the latest version of Windows 10
How do I get my Print Screen button to work?
If the Print Screen doesn’t work, you may be able to fix it by:
- Enabling the Print Screen keyboard shortcut
- Closing background programs
- Trying hotkey combinations
- Using an alternative application like Movavi Screen Recorder
- Making sure the F-lock is off
- Updating your keyboard driver
Sign up for news and special offers