|Movavi Screen Recorder||Viewers that use PCs to watch TikTok videos|
|Built-in iOS screen recorder||Those who don’t want to download apps to record|
|Mobizen||For Android users|
View all programs Hide the table
Our special pick from the comparison table above is Movavi Screen Recorder. This program is versatile with an intuitive interface. Additionally, it provides simple editing tools to create professional screen recordings. You can save your recordings to your device in popular file formats and in high quality.
How to screen-record on TikTok with a built-in iOS recorder
If you have an iPhone, you can screen-record easily using the built-in iOS screen-recording feature. This tool is very easy-to-use, and you don’t have to install any additional screen-recording apps to your iOS device. To assist you, we’ve provided a short step-by-step guide on how to screen-record on TikTok using your built-in smartphone feature. Just follow these simple steps:
- If you have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 14 or later, then go to your Settings and tap on Control Center.
- Tap the Add button that has a plus sign on it next to Screen Recording.
- Open the TikTok on your device and find the video you want to record.
- Open the control center on your iOS device.
- Touch and hold the gray record button, then tap the microphone.
- Tap on Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- To stop recording, tap the red status bar at the top of your screen.
- Your recording will automatically save to your device’s gallery.
How to start screen recording TikTok on Android
Screen recording TikTok is easier on any Android device whether you’re using a smartphone or tablet. To achieve high-quality recording results, you can use Mobizen which is free to download onto your device. Learn how to screen record TikTok videos in this guide:
Visit Google Play Store, download and install the screen-recording app on your device.
- Start the Mobizen app on your Android device.
- A short tutorial will show you how to use the Mobizen app. Simply scroll left to go through the slides.
- Tap the air circle to select the Record button on the app.
- The air circle will appear on the side of your screen, so you can tap on it whenever you want to use it.
- To record a video, open your TikTok app and find the video you want to screen record.
- Tap on the air circle to start recording your screen.
- When you’re done recording your screen, go to the Mobizen app to view your video list.
- Access your video list by tapping on the air circle.
- You can edit your videos using the tools provided by Mobizen and then save your screen recording.
How to capture TikTok: Screen-record on a PC
If you don’t have a smartphone or prefer using a PC, you can do a TikTok screen recording on your PC using Movavi Screen Recorder. This program records high-quality videos using tools that are easy to access on your screen. The app also provides basic editing tools, so you can cut your recorded TikTok video. Use this step-by-step guide to learn how to record on TikTok:
- Start by downloading Movavi Screen Recorder onto your PC. Install the program and launch it.
- Open TikTok on your PC through your browser.
- Find the TikTok video you want to record.
- Click the Screen recording button on the screen recorder tab.
- Select the area you want to capture.
- Make sure that the System Audio icon is highlighted in green.
- You can also adjust your recording parameters. Here you’ll find effects for your keyboard and mouse.
- To start your TikTok screen recording, simply click on the REC button. The video will start recording after three seconds.
- If you want to stop recording, simply click on the Stop button.
- When you’re done screen recording your TikTok video, you can save your recording by clicking on the Export button.
- Choose your preferred video formats, such as AVI or MP4.
- To save the video on your computer, hit the Save button.
How to capture TikTok: Recording a screen on your Mac
If you’re a Mac user, one of the best options to capture your screen is Movavi Screen Recorder. You can download the program and check the instructions in the previous section.
If you prefer to use built-in tools and not install anything on your Mac, then try QuickTime Player. The platform comes bundled with your Mac device, so it’s completely free. Here’s how to perform a TikTok screen record using QuickTime Player:
- Open QuickTime Player on your Mac.
- Go to File and then select New Screen Recording.
- A screen recording prompt will pop up on your screen.
- Click the down arrow next to your recording button to change your settings.
- To record sound, activate your microphone. You must have an internal or external microphone to record sound.
- Open the TikTok video you want to record on your screen.
- When you’re ready, you can click on your Record button. A pop-up screen will appear in the center of your screen. Click anywhere to record your entire screen.
- If you only want to record a section of your screen, click and drag on the sides of the box to select your recording area.
- Now click on Start Recording.
- When you want to stop the TikTok recording screen, click on the stop icon in the bar at the top of your menu.
- Your recording will pop up on your screen, so you can review it.
- To save your TikTok screen recording, click on File and then select Save.
- A pop-up box will appear where you can name your screen recording and choose a folder to save it to. When you’ve selected your folder, click on Save.
How to record TikTok videos on Linux
OBS Studio is a free, open-source platform that’s perfect for Linux users. The platform doesn’t take up a lot of space on your device, and the interface is quite easy to navigate. You can also create scenes with multiple sources such as text, video and images. So, how do you screen-record on TikTok using OBS Studio? Follow this guide to find out:
First, download the TikTok recorder onto your device by visiting the platform’s website. Click on Linux to download it onto your specific device.
- Now launch OBS Studio and scroll down to the Sources box.
- Click on the Plus button to access the Options menu, then click on Screen capture.
- A pop-up will appear. Simply click on OK.
- Now go to your settings and select Output. Click on Recording Path to choose where the file will be saved.
- Go to the bottom-right corner of your screen to find the Recording button.
- Before you click record, find your TikTok video in your browser. Then click on the Record button in OBS Studio.
If there are some videos on TikTok you have uploaded and don’t have access to anymore, you can try a screen-recording tool to download them. For example, you can use a recorder such as Movavi Screen Recorder for your PC or Mac or built-in features to capture the video. Screen recorders for TikTok videos are also useful if you’re creating a tutorial or a YouTube video about your own TikTok account.
There are many screen recorders on the market, but the ones we mentioned in this post are quality platforms to use on any device. Follow the step-by-step guides for each screen recorder, depending on the device you have. Each screen recorder allows you to save your recordings securely.
Frequently asked questions
Can you screen-record on TikTok?
Yes, you can screen-record a TikTok video you’ve uploaded using high-quality programs. Choose a screen recorder that’s compatible with your device. For example, try Movavi Screen Recorder for your PC and Mac or OBS Studio for Linux. For iPhone users, simply use the built-in iOS screen-recording feature. And for Android operating systems, use Mobizen.
Does TikTok notify screen recording?
No, TikTok doesn’t notify users if someone has taken a screen recording of a video. This will include screenshots of direct messages or screengrabs of scenes of a TikTok video. The only way to stop people from screen recording your videos is by changing your privacy settings. Only people who follow you will be able to see your videos and possibly record them.
Can anybody save my TikTok video?
If you allow viewers to download and save videos, then anyone can do so on their device. However, if you don’t want people to save your TikTok videos, you can simply change your settings. People will still be able to view your videos, but they won’t be able to save them. You won’t be notified if someone saves your video, but you can see how many times people have shared your TikToks.
Sign up for news and special offers