Want to know how to take a partial screenshot on Windows 10? Here, you’ll learn about 4 different tools for partial print screen on Windows.
|Movavi Screen Recorder||Screenshotting and screen recording|
|Windows hotkeys||One-click screenshotting|
|Snipping Tool||Editing screenshots|
View all programs Hide the table
How to screenshot a part of the screen on Windows 10 with Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder lets you easily make a partial screen capture on Windows 10. You can adjust the capture frame manually and select any part of the screen. If you want to take a screenshot of a window, simply hold the mouse cursor over this window, and the capture frame will adjust automatically. Movavi Screen Recorder also offers drawing tools – you can add lines, arrows, frames, and text to your screenshots.
Here’s how to use Movavi Screen Recorder for Windows to capture a part of your screen:
- Launch the app. Click Screenshot on the sidebar or press F8.
- Specify the part of the screen that you want to capture.
- Use the drawing tools if needed.
- Save the screenshot. You can save it to your computer as a JPG image, copy it to the clipboard, or share it.
How to use hotkeys on Windows to screenshot a part of the screen
Another option is to use hotkeys on Windows to screenshot a part of your screen. It’s a convenient way to take a screenshot since you don’t need to install any software. This Windows shortcut lets you choose a form for your screenshot – rectangular or free-form. After you’ve captured a snip, it will be copied to the clipboard. You can paste in an image-editing app like Paint and then save it to your computer.
Here’s how to screenshot a part of your screen on Windows 10 using shortcuts:
- Press Win + Shift + S.
- Select the part of the screen you want to capture.
- Paste the snip in an image editor and make necessary edits.
- Save your screenshot.
How to use Snipping Tool on Windows to capture a part of your screen
Snipping Tool is a built-in Windows app for capturing and editing snips. The app lets you draw and write on your screenshot. Snipping Tool also offers an option to print a part of your screen.
Here’s how to capture a part of the screen on Windows with Snipping Tool:
- Open the program and select the desired option from the Mode drop-down list. You can choose Rectangular Snip, Free-form Snip, or Window Snip.
- Then click New and select the capture area.
- Edit the screenshot with the Pen and Highlighter tools.
- Click Save Snip. Select the output folder, enter the file name, and hit Save.
How to use Snip & Sketch on Windows for partial screenshots
Snip & Sketch is another Windows app that you can use to capture snips. This app offers useful editing tools. It lets you draw on your screenshots using Pen, Pencil, and Highlighter. Using Ruler, you can draw a straight line on your image. You can also crop your screenshot if needed.
Here’s how to use Snip & Sketch on Windows for partial screenshots:
- Open the program and click New.
- Select the area for capture.
- Annotate and crop the screenshot if needed.
- Click Save As and select the folder where you want to save the snip.
Taking a screenshot requires just a couple of clicks. The tools we’ve described above let you not only capture snips but also edit them. Try the apps and decide which one you like best. We recommend Movavi Screen Recorder – with it, you can easily capture your screen, edit screenshots, and share your snips. And the app also lets you record your screen with sound.
Ben is a writer from the UK with qualifications in Media and Music Technology, he specializes in software reviews and tutorials. Ben has been blogging about media and tech subjects since he was a teenager from his base in the East of England.
Frequently asked questions
How do you take a partial screenshot on a PC?
To take a partial screenshot, try Movavi Screen Recorder.
Download and launch the app.
- Click Screenshot.
- Select the area for capture.
- Draw on the screenshot if needed.
- Save the image.
Where do partial screenshots go on PC?
When you use Windows hotkeys to take a screenshot, the image is copied to the clipboard. You can then paste it in an image-editing program and save it to your computer.
Sign up for news and special offers