12 best video collage makers
Edited by Pat Bitton
July 20, 2021
In this guide, we explore the top video collage maker options for those who are looking to create a video collage online, using an app or using specialist software for PC or Mac.
|Movavi Video Editor Plus||Windows, macOS||Free trial, full version for $64.95||Automatic video collages|
|Fastreel||Any (web-based)||Free plan, unlimited premium plan for $19.95 per month||Powerful online video collage editing|
|Canva||Android||Free with in-app purchases||Detailed image editing|
|EaseUS Video Editor||Windows||$29.95 per month, $79.95 for a lifetime license||Simple layout|
|Aiseesoft Video Converter Ultimate||Windows||$31.25 per month, $69 for a lifetime license||File conversion|
|Kapwing||Any (web-based)||Free plan, premium plan for $17 per month||Free collage editing|
|Typito||Any (web-based)||Free plan, starter plan for $25 per month, premium plan for $125 per month||Typography|
|PicStich||iOS||Free with in-app purchases||Photo editing and collage making for iOS|
|PicPlayPost Movie Video Editor||iOS||Free with in-app purchases||Easy collage transitions|
|Photo & Video Collage Maker||iOS||Free, premium version for $4.99||To make video collages for free|
|Mojo||Android||Free with in-app purchases||Animated effects|
|Vidstitch||Android||Free||Simple Android functionality|
View all programs Hide the table
Our special pick from the video collage makers for PC or Mac is the Movavi Video Editor Plus. The program has an intuitive interface, and it is simple to pick up the basics and start making collages in minutes.
If you are looking for a video collage maker with music options, the inbuild media library is also extremely helpful, and the trial version is free.
Best video grid collage software
Best for: Automatic video collages
OS: Windows, macOS
Price: Free trial, full version for 59.95
PCMag rating: 4/5
Movavi Video Editor Plus lets you make a pic and video collage at the press of a button. You can simply combine some media to create automatic video grid collages along with music and other rich media.
This video editor does much more than just being a video editor collage maker, it allows you to edit footage with some professional tools and make high-definition video projects.
- Creates collages with music
- Includes professional editing tools and media library
- Has advanced video-editing features, like Chroma key and slow motion
- Supports HD modes
- Easy to learn how to make a video collage
- Simple layout and plenty of supporting literature
- Good value
- Software takes up some space on your hard drive
- Some in-app upgrades may be needed for certain projects
- Projects can be demanding on computer or Mac processing power
Best for: Simple layout
Price: $29.95 per month, $79.95 for a lifetime license
TechRadar rating: 4/5
EaseUS Video Editor is a simple collage video maker which has a really intuitive layout so beginners can pick it up relatively quickly and easily. The screen is laid out in a way so that you can see everything you need in front of you, including a timeline and preview of the video, plus effects you can use.
- Over 50 visual effects
- Narration and voice-over mode
- Export in presets for a variety of devices or burn to DVD
- Offers a free trial
- Simple layout
- Some powerful effects included
- No specific mode for making a picture collage
- Expensive if you pay for the lifetime membership
- Some of the effects, such as text effects, look quite basic
Best for: File conversion
Price: $31.25 per month, $69 for a lifetime license
TopTenReviews rating: 3.5/5
This is a video converter first, but it does come with some options to create a pic and video collage. It has 225 preprogrammed conversions to turn one file type into another in the most efficient way, and also basic editing tools so you can quickly put together a collection of video clips or pictures.
- Powerful preprogrammed conversions
- A basic editing suite
- Great for reducing file size
- Relatively simple layout
- Recognizes file types some other software doesn’t
- Some compression artifact found in tests
- Not the most powerful video editing
- No option to burn DVDs
How to make a video collage online
Best for: Powerful online video collage editing
Price: Free plan, unlimited premium plan for $19.95 per month
Fastreel proves that you don’t need a bulky install and powerful software to make a video collage and that you can do the whole process online. It has flexible payment options so you can pay monthly or per video, and you can do the whole process from your browser. The presets make it really easy to edit picture-in-picture and in templates including 16:9, 9:16 and 1:1 ratios.
- Simple editing tools like cropping and altering the speed
- Easily add audio
- Supports multiple video and photo files
- Make a video collage via your browser
- Start making your video before you have to pay
- Drag-and-drop media to get started
- Free trial videos are watermarked
- Some editing features are relatively basic
- More expensive if you pay monthly rather than yearly for membership
Best for: Free collage editing
Price: Free plan, premium plan for $17 per month
Capterra rating: 4.4/5
Although there are some features you will have to pay for with this free online video collage maker, the basic functionality is totally free if you make an account. The software is made with collages in mind and you can add multiple images in a video grid collage adding multiple images to the same frame.
This free video collage maker also allows you to add pictures and videos in the same frame and play simultaneously. It’s limited, as you may expect from a collage maker that runs in your browser and from the cloud, but this isn’t a huge issue if you just want to make some basic videos.
- Recognizes GIF files as well as videos and numerous image files
- Free online software for Mac and PC
- Includes an auto subtitle tool
- Allows you to edit and publish videos for free with no watermark
- Free method to make video collages in your browser
- Easy to trim and speed up or slow down video footage
- The cloud connection has been known to cut out and lose your project
- Limited editing tools
- No customer support
Best for: Typography
Price: Free plan, starter plan for $25 per month, premium plan for $125 per month
G2 rating: 4.5/5
If you want to add beautiful typography to your video collage, then this software could be for you. It is based in your browser and allows you to drag and drop video footage, pictures, and even audio.
- Beautiful typography presets
- 200+ motion graphic templates
- Instant captions
- Easy to use within your browser
- Create branded videos on demand
- Recognizes over 20 file formats for video
- Watermarks videos unless you pay for membership
- Very basic editing options
- No easy transitions to add to video clips
Video editor collage apps for iOS
Best for: Photo editing and collage making
iOS: 11.0 or later
Price: Free with in-app purchases
App Store rating: 4.7/5, 45.6K ratings
This powerful software is great for photographs and allows you to “stitch” together multiple images into a collage, but you can now also use video formats to create great videos for social media.
PicStitch is free but there are many add-ons as it asks you to pay for new frames and effects, which can get frustrating.
- Includes over 200 presets
- Powerful filters and image editing included
- Free to use the basic functionality
- Works with iPad and iPhone
- Integrates with social media perfectly
- Hard to create longer media files
- More geared to photo than video
- Lots of the effects require additional payment
Best for: Easy collage transitions
iOS: 10.3 or later
Price: Free with in-app purchases
App Store rating: 4.8/5, 83.3K ratings
This software is a very powerful app for video collage making, and it allows you to create up to 30 minutes of videos on your Apple device (iPad or iPhone). It’s great for social media as it allows you to export in a variety of formats and upload straight to Instagram. There is also support for up to 1080p video on this photo video collage app.
- Import GIFs directly from Giphy
- Up to 9 pictures in one collage
- Supports live photos
- Editing tools included
- Links easily with social media
- Can support up to 4k on some Pro devices
- Easy templates for slideshows.
- Limited to 30-minute videos
- You need to pay for some functionality
- Limited video editing capabilities
Best for: to make video collages for free
iOS: 8.0 or later
Price: Free, premium version for $4.99
App Store rating: 4.2/5, 5.9K ratings
This simple iOS collage maker does have some paid upgrades, such as the option to add music, but generally speaking, the majority of features are free of charge. You can create a number of templated layouts and drag and drop videos and photos in to start to make collages for social media or to export in HD.
- Allows background music (paid upgrade)
- Manually resize videos and frames
- Play videos sequentially
- Lots of free templates
- Option to play the videos sequentially
- Recognizes many video formats as well as images
- Paid upgrade if you want to add music
- Not as many editing techniques and filters as some competing options
- Quite a clunky layout
Collage video makers for Android
Best for: Detailed image editing
Android: 5.0 and up
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Google Play rating: 4.6/5
A lot of people know Canva as a cloud-based web app that lets you edit graphics. As well as being able to make video and photo collages, you can create logos and experiment with typography, free of charge. While some media require a paid upgrade, you can make plenty of designs free of charge.
- Cloud-based storage to access on any device
- Auto-save function
- Loads of fonts, presets, and graphic design types
- Access your designs on Android and PC
- Includes over 500 fonts and a logo maker
- Save as GIF and upload to social media
- Many elements are behind a paywall
- Some people have had issues with cloud saving
- Video editing is limited
Best for: Animated effects
Android: 8.0 and up
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Google Play rating: 4.6/5
Mojo is designed to give you loads of different animated effects that you can use with your video collage, whether you are using still images or working from video clips. It integrates really well with some social media platforms and gives you the option to add text and high-quality audio.
- Share to Snapchat and Instagram easily
- Loads of templates for video grid collages
- Reformat to various sizes for different social media
- Free to download and get started
- No account required to make your first collages
- You have to use the inbuilt audio, no custom uploads
- Some features are hidden behind “Pro” membership
- Some issues with cloud storage and users losing their designs
Best for: Simple Android functionality
Android: 4.4 and up
Google Play rating: 4.4/5
Vidstitch is arguably the easiest Android app to make video collages and comes free of charge, too. It’s optimized for Android devices and also for exporting to a variety of different social media platforms.
- Simple integration with Facebook and Instagram
- Choose from a variety of presets
- Simple Android interface
- Easy to get started
- Supports a variety of video and picture formats
- Customize border thickness
- Includes ads
- Some features are hidden behind a Pro membership
- No option to add text or logos to your video
How to make a video collage with Movavi Video Editor Plus
Have a bunch of videos and looking for software to help you make a fancy collage from them? Movavi Video Editor Plus may be one of the best apps for you. Impress your friends with a dazzling gallery of moving pictures from someone’s wedding or your last pub crawl, using this simple yet effective tool for getting creative with videos and photos on your PC or Mac.
Download Movavi Video Editor Plus now and follow the steps below to learn how to make video collages in no time.
Step 1. Install the software
Launch the downloaded file. After the installation is complete, the program will open automatically.
Step 2. Choose a background for your collage
Select Backgrounds from the list on the left and pick a background clip for your collage. Drag and drop it onto the Timeline below. Set the duration of the clip by dragging the right boundary to the desired point on the Timeline.
Step 3. Add your files to the collage maker
Click the Add Files button and browse for the videos you want to include in your collage.
You can also use content from the online stock video collection offered by our partner, VideoBlocks, in your collage. Check out what’s available from this great selection of professionally created videos by clicking on Sample video and then on Download more! Alternatively, simply visit the VideoBlocks website.
Step 4. Create a video collage
By default, the videos you select to include in your collage will be placed in the Media Bin. Drag and drop them to the Timeline. Your files will be placed to the right of your background clip on the Video Track.
To start making the collage, first, you need to create an overlay track. Click the Plus icon, as shown in the picture, and choose Add Video Track. Then drag one of the added videos up and drop it above the background clip onto the newly created Overlay track. Double-click the video on the Overlay track to edit its parameters. You will see the video placed over the background clip in the Preview Window. Adjust the position of the video by dragging it to the desired position in the window. You can also adjust the video’s dimensions by dragging on its corners. When you’re finished editing, click the Apply button in the upper right corner above the Preview Window.
Repeat this process for all other components in your collage.
Step 5. Manage the audio
You can add some appropriate music or even apply your own voice-over. To add music, simply drag an audio file from its folder on your computer to where you want it to play on the Timeline. To record a voice-over, click the corresponding button above and hit the Start Recording button. After a brief countdown, the recording will start. When you’re finished, click Stop Recording.
Step 6. Save your collage
Click the Export button and select the desired format tab in the window that pops up. Once you’ve specified the parameters, click Start.
Hopefully, this article has provided you with lots of suitable options for video collage apps and software that you can use for your project, whether it’s a home video or you are looking to make something more professional. Features to help you to choose the best video collage maker include:
- Ease of use. How simple is the layout? You need an option that isn’t too difficult to learn how to use and to get professional results.
- User reviews. Always check what other users have made of the software. Is it generally positively received?
- Compatibility. You need to ensure it is compatible with your device but also that it will work with the file formats you plan to use, whether you’re using still images like JPEGs or video files like MP4.
- Support. Check if the manufacturers can offer you support if you struggle with any aspect of their software or if there are bugs. Email or live chat support are suitable.
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor Plus has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more
Frequently asked questions
What is the best video collage maker?
Here are the best programs to create video collages:
- Movavi Video Editor Plus
- EaseUS Video Editor
- Aiseesoft Video Converter Ultimate
What is the best video collage app?
Check out these apps for making video collages on your phone:
- PicPlayPost Movie Video Editor
- Photo & Video Collage Maker
How do you make a multi-video collage?
You can create a multi-video collage using Movavi Video Editor Plus. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the app.
- Choose a background for your collage from the Backgrounds before you drag and drop it onto the Timeline section.
- Add your files to the collage maker.
- Create an overlay track. Click the Plus icon and choose Add Video Track.
- Drag your media over the top of the background to finish creating the Overlay track.
- To add music, drag an audio file from its folder on your computer to where you want it to start.
- Save and export your video.
Sign up for news and special offers