Online video recorder apps and tools can make it easy for you to record your webcam whenever you need. This is perfect for everyone from content creators to teachers, and if you're looking for the best online video recorder, this guide is here to help, covering seven of the best. If you need a desktop alternative, try Movavi’s screen recorder for PC.
|Movavi’s Webcam Recorder||Users who want a simple, beginner-friendly video recorder|
|Wecamera.io||Users who want a free video recorder with no watermark|
|Screen Capture||Users who want a rapid, reliable video recorder|
|Clipchamp||Users who want a recorder and editor in one|
|Panopto||Users who want to benefit from Smart Camera technology|
|Cam Recorder||Users who want a secure online recorder|
|VEED.IO||Users who want plenty of extra features with their online recorder|
View all programs Hide the table
G2 rating: 4.5 out of 47 reviews
Our special pick is Movavi Screen Recorder. It's not an online app, so you will need to download it, but it offers much more functionality and additional features when compared to many online video recorder tools. Available for both Windows and Mac, Movavi Screen Recorder can capture your screen activities, online calls, and more. It allows you to set up your recording parameters as desired, capture audio and video, and even make simple edits to your recordings before saving them.
Best online webcam recorders
Movavi’s Webcam Recorder
Best for: Users who want a simple, beginner-friendly video recorder
Movavi's Webcam Recorder is a simple and easy-to-use online video recorder for capturing webcam video and microphone audio. It runs on all major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera, and it's really simple to set up in just a few clicks, perfect for beginners. You can use this online webcam recorder for many different purposes, such as recording calls and conferences.
- Runs on all major browsers
- Export recordings in MP4 format
- Captures camera and microphone, as desired
- Really easy to use, ideal for beginners
- Provides versatile MP4 clip
- Various options to meet your recording needs
- Features a watermark
Best for: Users who want a free video recorder with no watermark
Price: Free, premium plan from $5 per month
Webcamera.io is another top-rated online camera recorder that has attracted a lot of users over the years and is popular for its impressive performance and flexibility. You can use this video recorder online to capture webcam video with audio, take pictures, and more. It's totally free to use in your browser, and you can save completed videos to your computer or to an online drive, like Google Drive or Dropbox. All files created with Webcamera.io are completely secure, too, and there are some interesting extra features to play around with, like “Mirror Mode” for your video recordings.
- Can record both video and audio
- Secure file storage
- Save directly to Google Drive or Dropbox
- Completely free to use
- A versatile and beginner-friendly tool
- No watermarks on your videos
- Maximum file size of 700 MB
Best for: Users who want a rapid, reliable video recorder
Price: Free, premium plan from $9.95 per month
Trustpilot rating: 4.6 out of 5, 335 reviews
Screen Capture is another online video recorder you can use to capture your webcam, record your screen, and capture external audio from a microphone to create your own videos. It's great for everything from educational videos to recording webinars, with a range of settings that allow you to record however you like. It's also very secure, so you don't need to worry about your data falling into the wrong hands, and you get really rapid processing and exporting when using this tool, so you won't have to wait around for a long time while your file is prepared.
- Runs in all major browsers
- Secure video recording and storage
- Fast HD exports
- Very fast processing times
- Runs in all major browsers
- Strong security to protect your files
- You have to pay to remove the watermark
Best for: Users who want a recorder and editor in one
Price: Free, premium plan from $9 per month
Product Hunt rating: 4.6 out of 5, 382 reviews
Clipchamp is another high-quality and completely free online video recorder with no download or installation needed. You can use this tool to record unlimited videos in 480p for free, or you can opt for a premium plan in order to get rid of the watermark and record in higher quality. It's very fast, with good security to protect your files, and Clipchamp is actually a recorder and editor too, allowing you to take a video online and then improve your clips with effects, with sound, and with other editing tools like trimming, merging, rotating, and so on. Once done, you can export it straight to YouTube or save it onto your device.
- Customizable templates
- Editing tools
- Stock library
- Easy to use
- Can also be used for editing your recordings
- Beginner-friendly UI
- Free plan limited to 480p
Best for: Users who want to benefit from Smart Camera technology
Price: Free, premium plan from $14.99 per month
G2 rating: 4.2 out of 5, 78 reviews
If you're looking for a free, beginner-friendly online video recorder you can use directly in your browser, on a site, with no need to even make an account, Panopto is a good choice. You won't have to worry about watermarks with this tool, but you can only store five hours of video with the free version. In terms of features and functionality, this cam recorder for a PC and Mac can capture from multiple sources at the same time, lets you share your recordings on platforms like YouTube and Google Classroom, and allows you to turn your regular webcam into a Smart Camera that follows you around the room and zooms automatically with the help of AI for the ultimate recording experience.
- Smart Camera AI
- Record from multiple sources
- Share directly to YouTube and Google Classroom
- Smart Camera tech is very impressive
- Lots of features and recording options
- No watermarks
- Maximum five hours of storage with the free plan
Best for: Users who want a secure online recorder
Cam Recorder is a simple and free-to-use online video recorder that allows users to record straight from their webcams. You don't need an account or extra software to run this tool; all you need is a browser like Firefox or Opera and a web camera connected to your device. Recording with this tool is all local, so the file is stored and saved directly on your device. This means that you don't have to worry about your videos being stored on a digital platform where other users could potentially access them.
- Local recording
- One-click interface
- Works without Flash
- Completely free
- Very simple to use
- Safe and secure
- Lacks any advanced features or functions
Best for: Users who want plenty of extra features with their online recorder
Price: Free, premium plan from $12 per month
Trustpilot rating: 4 out of 5, 76 reviews
VEED.IO is another free online video recorder you can use to record your webcam and screen all-online in your browser. You can select from a range of layouts and settings, such as recording only your cam, your cam with background screen, or only the screen. This online video recorder creates HD quality videos and even runs on mobile devices like iPhones and Android tablets. It even has a basic editor to add text to your videos, trim your clips, add filters, and so on.
- Record screen, webcam, or both together
- Basic editor with tools to trim, add filters, etc.
- Extra features like countdown timer and mirror mode
- Really easy to use
- Allows you to create HD 720p recordings for free
- Useful bonus features like editing tools
- The free version comes with a watermark
- The free version has many limitations like 10-min length and 50 MB file size
We hope that this article has helped you learn more about the best webcam recorders and will also help you in choosing the right tool for your next recording project. In summary, here are some of the key factors to consider when looking for the best online video recorder:
- Ease of use: Some of these online tools can be really easy and beginner-friendly in their designs, while others can be more complicated. Try to find one that matches your skill level and is comfortable and enjoyable for you to work with.
- Features: Certain recorders can have many more features compared to others. Some are only able to record video, for example, while others can allow you to record external audio and system sounds, as well as offer other features like video editing and saving in different formats.
- Formats: Check to see what output format you get when working with different online recorders, too. Some of these tools will only output in one specific format, while others might give you a few different format options to choose from, offering extra versatility.
- User reviews: It's always a good idea to check out the user ratings and reviews for any tools you use to help you find the best one. Users offer unbiased opinions of apps and software and will let you know about bugs or other issues.
- Support: Check to see what kind of support is available with each tool, like a live chat or email system, in case you need some help.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best online video recorder?
The best video recorder apps you can use online are:
- Movavi Webcam Recorder
- Screen Capture
- Cam Recorder
What is the best webcam recorder?
Our top-rated webcam recorders are:
- Movavi Screen Recorder
- Screen Capture
Read the full guide by following the link below.
How do you record a video from your webcam?
How do you record a video on Windows?
If you need to capture a video with the Windows built-in tools, probably the easiest way will be to use the Game Bar app. Open it with the Win + G hotkey and click Start Recording or use the hotkey Win + Alt + R. Here are instructions on 3 ways of video capturing on PC.
How do you record a video on your laptop?
The answer depends on your laptop’s OS. If it is Windows, you can use the Camera app, and on Mac, QuickTime will do. And if you need something more functional, consider checking this list of programs.
Sign up for news and special offers