Edited by Nataly Bogorad
July 22, 2019
How to Make a Meme Video
If you ever wondered how to make those funny videos you saw on the Internet, read this article and give it a try. It won’t take much effort to make a meme video. All you need is your creativity, sense of humor, and software to create a cool video with text. Send your meme to friends on social media or upload your video to YouTube.
How to Create a Meme Video with Best Video Makers
How to Make a Meme Video with Movavi
Memes are viral content on the Internet and social media. You can create video memes with funny captions on PC or Mac with Movavi Video Editor. Follow these steps to make a video meme.
1. DownloadDownload Movavi Video Editor to your computer. Install the app following the onscreen instructions.
2. In the welcome window, choose the New Project button to continue. Click Add Media Files to add a video you want to edit. The video will appear on the Timeline.
3. To add captions to your video, click the Titles tab. Select the Simple text title and drop it to the Timeline. You can choose the Impact font style which suits well for memes. Double-click the text and click the Clip properties button above the preview window. Set the duration of your title so that it matches the duration of your video. Click Apply to save the changes. Modify the color, size, and position of your title. You can save your custom title for future use.
4. When your video meme is ready, click the Export button. Select the desired format for your meme. Name the video, choose the quality, and the destination folder for the file. Click Start. Wait just a few minutes and your meme is saved. You can now upload it to YouTube or Vimeo right from the program by clicking the Upload Online tab.
How to Make a Meme Video on Your Smartphone
If you are also interested in making a video meme on iPhone or Android you can take advantage of the Movavi Clips app. Just choose your video and add text at the top of it. Adjust the text settings. Save the meme on your smartphone.
How to Make a YouTube Video Meme with Kapwing
You can make your own video meme out of a YouTube video using Kapwing’s online meme generator. The tool can be used at no charge. After you’ve created a meme, share it on social media. Here are simple steps to make a meme on the computer or phone.
1. Open the Kapwing meme generator. Choose a template for your video meme and click the Make It button. To embed a YouTube video, click Replace and paste the link to the video into the box.
2. You can now edit your video meme: change the speed, adjust, resize, trim, and crop. Replace the video with another one if you’re not happy with the result.
Double-click on the title to edit it. Change the font, color, and alignment of the caption.
3. To save your video, click Publish. Wait a few minutes and download the file to your computer in MP4 format. You can sign in to Kapwing to remove its watermark.
How to Make a Meme Video for Facebook with Animoto
Facebook is full of entertaining meme videos. It’s very easy to make one using an online meme maker by Animoto and share it on Facebook. Read through the steps and make use of it.
1. Sign up for an Animoto account or log in if you already have one. Click Start From Scratch button to start making your meme video. Choose the template for your video. Blank Slate will be a good choice for a meme. Then, select the Square size of the video and click Choose Style.
2. Click the Media tab and upload the video from your computer. Drag and drop the file to the Create Your First Block field. Note that the video you use should be a landscape video, vertical one won’t work in this meme generator.
3. Click Edit to adjust the meme. Choose Fit to Frame in the Crop settings to add black bars around the video. Now you can write any title you want. Click the Titles tab and write the text. The video background color should be black and the title should be white. Choose the font for the captions. Rubic text style will look good for a meme. You can also change the text size. Your video will be saved in your account.
4. When you’ve created your video meme, you can share it on Facebook from My Videos page on Animoto.
You can also check out the article by Techradar discussing Facebook attempts to win back the younger audience by testing a meme-filled feature called LOL. Click the link below to read the full article.
Movavi Video Editor
Creating videos has never been so easy!
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and callouts
- Use special effects like Chroma Key and Slo Mo
- Export videos in any popular format