List of the Best YouTube Video Makers
Edited by Ben Jacklin
September 22, 2021
Making high-quality content is important for attracting viewers on YouTube, and it requires the best YouTube video makers. So, we have listed some YouTube video creator software for you.
|Movavi Video Editor Plus||Windows, Mac||Those looking for a simple and powerful tool||$44.95|
|AVS Video Editor||Windows||Basic editing||Free|
|CyberLink PowerDirector||Windows, Mac||Simplified yet fully-fledged editing tools||Free / €4.33 per month|
|Nero Video||Windows||Beginner editors||$47.95|
|MAGIX Video Easy||Windows||Fast and simple editing||Free trial / $2.50 per month|
|Pinnacle Studio||Windows||Usability for both novices and pros||$59.95|
|Magisto||Online||A.I. assistance||$4.99 per month|
|WeVideo||Online||Group projects||Free trial / $4.99 per month|
|Loopster||Online||Easy and effective online editing||$4.99 per month|
|Video Toolbox||Online||Editing with a focus on the substance over style||Free|
|Windows Movie Maker||Windows||Drag-and-drop interface for basic projects||Free|
|Lightworks||Windows, Mac, Linux||A huge number of professional features||Free / $23.99 per month|
|BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve||Windows, Mac, Linux||Hollywood-level editing||Free|
View all programs Hide the table
Best YouTube video creator software
Movavi Video Editor Plus is a great video-editing tool for creative minds. Thanks to a wide range of features, you can realize any of your ideas for your YouTube videos. Split-screen or overlay videos, make unique intros and outros, add and animate titles. Use Chroma Key to change the background of your video to anything you want. Add thematic stickers and stunning transitions, music, and voiceover.
Best for: those looking for a simple and powerful tool
PCMag rating: 4.0 out of 5
Platform: Windows, Mac
- Collection of effects, filters, and more.
- Stickers, backgrounds, and soundtracks.
- Chroma key, picture in picture, and other useful functions.
- User-friendly interface.
- Advanced features (chroma key, keyframe animation, etc.).
- Fast processing.
- It applies a watermark in the trial version.
AVS Video Editor is easy-to-use video-editing software. The program provides all the basic necessary features, including trimming, merging, rotating. Along with video editing, the app also can record a computer screen, so if you want to add some webcam footage to YouTube video, it’s a way to go.
Best for: basic editing
Capterra rating: 4.6 out of 5
- Transfer video from cameras.
- Video stabilization.
- Integrated video cache technology.
- It supports all popular video formats.
- The app supports direct sharing from the app to social media.
- It doesn’t have multiple editing streams.
- The video editor is available for Windows only.
This software provides a ton of powerful features to create stunning videos for YouTube. You can add customized objects, animated titles, and transitions, add a slow-motion effect. Additionally, Cyberlink gives an access to the library of plug-ins, effects, and music.
Best for: simplified yet fully-fledged editing tools
PCMag rating: 4.5 out of 5
Price: free / €4.33 per month
Platform: Windows, Mac
- Advanced mask tools.
- Dynamic keyframe controls.
- Customizable motion graphic titles.
- Many creative effects are available.
- There are a lot of helpful tutorials on the official website.
- The features of the free trial are limited.
- The program interface may be confusing for beginners.
Nero Video is a great choice for beginners – it has a simple interface and basic editing features. You can also use the Live Guide option that will help to navigate the app. Nero Video has over 1000 templates and effects, so you can easily customize videos for your YouTube channel.
Best for: beginner editors
PCMag rating: 3.5 out of 5
- Customizable interface.
- Creating alpha-channel videos.
- Streaming videos on your TV via Wi-Fi.
- It has a lot of royalty-free music.
- There are plenty of helpful guides in the app.
- A program interface is outdated.
- You can’t preview video effects.
This software is popular for its video effects – you will find plenty of unique lighting options. There is a wide range of templates for intro and outro that you can use to make your video pop. MAGIX supports exporting to YouTube, so you can easily upload a video on your channel straight from the app.
Best for: fast and simple editing
PCMag rating: 3.0 out of 5
Price: free trial / $2.50 per month
- Over a thousand music and sound files.
- Easy photo collage creation.
- Camera tracking and zooming.
- It has an intuitive user interface.
- It provides a lot of templates.
- The app is available for Windows only.
- It can’t export files in many popular formats.
This professional video-editing software is a great option for YouTube content creators. It has a few unique features that other programs on the list don’t have, such as 360 video editing and multi-camera editing.
Best for: usability for both novices and pros
PCMag rating: 4.0 out of 5
- Color-correction tools.
- Multi-camera editing.
- Motion tracking.
- The program has more than 1500 filters and effects.
- The screen recording option is available.
- It’s pricier than other options on the list.
- It can be difficult to use for beginners.
Magisto is one of the best online YouTube movie makers which assist you in editing videos. The software is easy to use as all you need to do is upload your video, select the editing style of your choice, and put in a soundtrack that suits you and after it's done editing, an email will be sent to you.
Best for: A.I. assistance
G2 rating: 4 out of 5
Price: $4.99 per month
- Semi-automatic with A.I.
- Provides licensed music.
- Easy-to-use flexible timeline.
- It is easy to use and understand.
- It is fast and provides many editing options.
- Video length cannot exceed 15 minutes.
- It does not allow you to cut or trim videos.
This free video-creating software helps you make and edit quality YouTube videos. The interface of the program is easy to run and understand and allows you to perform editing functions like rotating a video clip and cropping it. Also, it has a wide range of effects that can be added to the video and has nice tools to add transitions between videos.
Best for: group projects
G2 rating: 4.5 out of 5
Price: free trial / $4.99 per month
- Cloud-based video editing.
- Uploading videos by several users into one project.
- Rich music library.
- It provides good transition tools for better videos.
- It allows you to add many effects to your video.
- It leaves a watermark after editing your video.
- It allows only 2GB of storage space.
Loopster does a good job of making and editing YouTube videos for video creators and has an easy to understand interface which is not complicated for a first-time user. With Loopster, you can add text to video, trim the present video you’re working on, add more videos, and even work with audio files. It also provides some transitions which you can use on your videos and it allows you to download the videos you have edited.
Best for: easy and effective online editing
Trustpilot rating: 3.8 out of 5
Price: $4.99 per month
- Easy group collaboration.
- Big sound library.
- Supports editing on mobile devices.
- It has a clean and user-friendly interface.
- It allows you to add or crop videos while editing.
- It doesn’t provide many editing tools to work with.
- It has limited transition options.
Video Toolbox is an online YouTube video maker software that is easy to use and at the same time, allows you to create videos with high quality. With it, you can edit videos to your preference by cutting them and merging different videos. All you need to do is to upload the video clip you want to edit to the software and get to work making it look nice and ready to be put on YouTube.
Best for: editing with a focus on the substance over style
Comparakeet rating: 8.7 out of 10
- Displays video's codec, bit rate, resolution, and more.
- Converting files in a wide variety of formats.
- Easy cropping.
- You can cut, trim and merge videos with it.
- It provides an easy user interface to work with.
- It doesn’t have a proper preview tool.
- Editing tools are limited to a few options.
Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a free video maker that provides a lot of functions to details and allows you to edit your video clip thoroughly. It has a built-in recording button that allows you to add voiceover perfectly in the video you are editing.
Best for: drag-and-drop interface for basic projects
G2 rating: 4.0 out of 5
- Easy-to-use timeline for editing.
- Transition overlays.
- A variety of special effects.
- It has a built-in recorder to add voiceovers to videos.
- It provides a wide range of effects to use when making videos.
- It does not allow you to add or work on more than one video at a time.
- It doesn’t offer many animations and effect tools for YouTube videos.
- You can't get the program from the Microsoft website because the company stopped distributing the app.
This is one of the best YouTube video makers as it allows you to create customized videos with top-notch quality. It has a wide range of effects and allows you to crop, copy, trim, add more videos, and add text to videos. Also, it has nice tools to allow transitions to join two videos.
Best for: a huge number of professional features
Capterra rating: 4.4 out of 5
Price: free / $23.99 per month
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Lo-res proxy workflows for 4K.
- Royalty-free audio and video content.
- Wide file format support.
- It offers a wide range of editing tools and allows you to work on a professional level.
- It provides high-quality videos after editing.
- It doesn’t support multi-frame rate videos.
- The free version is limited to 720p output.
DaVinci Resolve is one of the best video-creating programs. It offers a lot of features, a clear and flexible user interface and allows you to work with unlimited video and audio clips, and provides editing at different levels from adding text or audio to a video to cropping, trimming, and cutting videos. Simply put, it provides a wide range of tools for editing videos properly.
Best for: Hollywood-level editing
Tom's Guide rating: 4.0 out of 5
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Smart reframings.
- Zoomed waveforms for audio editing.
- Live effect previews.
- It doesn’t add a watermark to edited videos.
- It allows you to edit videos in a professional manner.
- You will need some training to be able to use the program properly.
- It demands high-performance computers to work properly.
Conclusion: what to look for in a video maker
With this list, you should get good YouTube video makers to ensure that the act of editing videos isn’t hard, and you produce videos with high quality to keep attracting viewers to your channel.
Here are some things to consider when choosing your video editor:
Format support: your video editor should support the output format of your camera to make the editing possible. You can also use a video converter or keep looking for a better editor for your specific task.
Learning curve: if you do not have weeks of extra time to learn, look for something intuitive. If your program has a variety of included tutorials and templates, this also can make learning easier.
Special effects: special effects can make your video look more professional and stand out. So make sure that your editor has that as well.
Advanced tools: if you have a complex editing plan in your mind, make sure that your program has the features necessary to realize your vision.
Customer support: it is good to be sure that the customer support team can help you. So take a look at what other customers tell about time and quality of responses.
Now although free online YouTube video makers are great, they have problems associated with them like too few editing features or a great deal of complexity. With a YouTube video clip maker such as Movavi Video Editor Plus, you get a wide range of editing tools and features to ensure that you can bring all your creative ideas to life. The program’s simple interface allows everyone from a beginner to a pro to work with it. Make sure to get the Movavi Video Editor Plus today!
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor Plus has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more
Frequently asked questions
Which is the best video maker?
- Pinnacle VideoSpin
- AVS Video Editor
- VideoPad Video Editor
In the article below, you will find the completed list of the best video-editing apps and their advantages.
What software do professional video editors use?
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Final Cut Pro
- DaVinci Resolve
Read the full article by following the link below.
Which is the best free video editor for PC?
In the article below, you’ll find reviews on popular free programs for desktop and smartphones as well as tips on how to choose a video editor that suits your needs.
Sign up for news and special offers