How to Add a Photo or an Image to a Video
Edited by Pat Bitton
April 22, 2020
Sometimes we need to add a picture to a video, for example, the YouTube channel logo, copyright symbol, or just photos containing additional information. This short article will tell you how to overlay a picture on a video using Movavi’s software. This powerful app will help you not only put a picture into a video, but also edit your video clips in many other ways: cut and join, add funny stickers, apply creative filters, and more.
You can easily insert media objects into your project to make your movies more interesting and engaging. Take a look at the instructions below to learn how to overlay an image on a video.
Install Movavi Video Editor Plus
First of all, download the distribution file and install the software. As soon as the installation process is completed, open the program. Choose the New Project option.
Now it’s time to add a video clip. Click the Add Media Files button and choose the video on which you want to overlay a picture.
Add a Photo to a Video
To add an image to the video, you need to add it to your project first. Click the Plus button and choose the Add Video Track option in the drop-down menu. Then drag-and-drop your picture to the new track from the folder in which it's located. You can add more than one image if you need to. If you want to add a logo over the video, make sure the image has a transparent background and is saved as a PNG file.
Edit the Picture Layer
Double-click the image to adjust the overlay settings. Select the desired overlay mode from the drop-down menu (Picture in picture, Side by side, or Cover). Adjust the Angle value, picture size and location in the preview section. You can also define Opacity, Duration, and other settings in the list on the left side of the program window.
Save the Edited Video
Now you know how to put a photo on a video, you’ve done it yourself, and all you need now is to save the edited file. Click the Export button, select the desired video format, destination folder, quality, and new file name if needed. You can also define additional video and audio settings in the Advanced section. Then click the Start button. Once the export is complete, the folder containing your video will open automatically.
Movavi Video Editor Plus
Your next step in video-making
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and stickers
- Animate objects using keyframes, use more built-in media
- Export videos in any popular format
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor Plus has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more
Frequently Asked Questions
To add a logo to your video, you’ll need to use a video editing program. If you are a Windows user, try Movavi Business Suite.
- Install the program and run it on your PC.
- Click Video in the Tools menu. Then click New Project in the Edit video section.
- In the new window that appears, click the Add Files button. Select your video in the dialog box. The file will appear in the Media Bin.
- Drag the video onto the Timeline. In the panel above it, click the Add Logo button and select your logo picture. The logo will be added to your video. All you need to do is to position the logo where you want it to be.
- Click Export to save the result. In the dialog box, choose the output format, quality, and destination folder. Change the file name if you wish. Once you’re happy, click Start. The resulting file will open in the specified folder.
Use Movavi Video Editor Plus.
- Download and install Movavi Video Editor Plus on your PC.
- Launch the program and select New Project on the welcome screen. Then click Add Media Files and select the video and picture you want to work with. The files will appear on the Timeline.
- Select the image and drag it to a position above the Video Track. An Overlay Track will appear.
- By default, the elements are overlaid in Picture-in-picture mode. Double-click on the image to edit it in the preview screen. Here, you can adjust the size of the picture by dragging on the edges and position it on the video. You can also choose Side by side or Cover overlay modes. To do this, open the drop-down list above the preview screen and select your preferred option.
- Click the Export button. Choose the destination folder, video format, and quality. Name the file, if you wish, then click Start.
For more details, please consult the full guide on the website.
Read this article, if you want to learn how to add a picture to a video. You can also find detailed information on how to create a video montage in our complete guide.