How to start screen recording on an iPhone 12
So, where is the screen-record on your iPhone 12? If you are a person who needs to record their screen to save a tutorial on their iPhone, the in-built screen recorder can be a savior for you. Or, you might wish to record your screen while video calling someone or if you need to save something funny. If you use iPhone 12, you might consider getting another application to do the task. There is good news for you. You can always opt for screen recording on your iPhone 12 with minimal hassle. Before recording your screen, you will need to add the screen recording button to the control center. The process is easy, and you can do so with minimal effort. Here’s how to screen record on an iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, and other versions.
- Start by opening Settings.
- Now, tap on Control Center.
- Scroll down the menu, and you will have to find the option of Screen Recording.
- As you find the option, simply tap on the plus icon that you can find beside the option to turn on the screen-record feature.
- The screen recording button will now be available in the Control Center.
How to use a built-in screen recorder on an iPhone 12
How do you screen-record on your iPhone 12? If you want to save what is happening on your screen of iPhone, you can take a screenshot. But recording your screen is the best option when you need to capture a sequence of events like a video call or tutorial. It is an easy task to capture your screen using the built-in screen recorder on an iPhone 12. You will have to enable the special button of Screen Recording in the Control Center to record your screen. Here’s how to get screen-record on an iPhone 12.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Control Center.
- Now, scroll downwards to find the More Controls list.
- Search for Screen Recording.
- Tap on the green plus icon that you can find beside the option. Screen Recording will shift to the Included Controls list.
- To start recording your screen, open Control Center. You can do so by swiping down from the upper-right corner of your phone screen.
- You will have to find the Screen Recording button that will look like a circle within another circle.
- Tap the recording button when you are ready to start recording your screen.
- Your iPhone will start recording the screen after a countdown of three seconds.
- The clock that you can find in the upper-left corner will turn red. Also, the recording button in the Control Center will turn red.
How to make an iPhone screen record with audio
The default setting while recording the screen on iPhone also includes any audio playing on the device. It is a great feature. But do you know that iPhone can also record screen with audio? Yes, it is possible, and the steps are easy. You can record live audio with the help of the built-in microphone. The best thing is that the screen recorder will also mix any audio that is playing on your phone. So, commenting while recording screen is a possibility now. Let’s find out how to record your screen on an iPhone 12 with audio.
- If you want to start your iPhone 12 screen-record with audio, tap the recording button in Control Center once.
- If you need to record audio from the built-in microphone recording your screen, you will need to press the recording button and hold it for a few seconds.
- You will get a pop-up screen as you tap and then hold the recording button for a few seconds.
- To capture audio using your microphone, click on the microphone button.
- Now, simply tap on Start Recording.
- Your iPhone will start recording the screen with audio after a three-second countdown.
How to stop iPhone 12 screen recording
After you start recording, it is also necessary to know how to stop iPhone 12 screen recording. It is as similar as starting your screen recording. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open the Control Center by swiping down the screen from the upper-right corner.
- Now, tap on the red recording button to stop recording.
There is also a faster and easier way that you can use to stop screen recording. As you start recording your screen on your iPhone 12, the clock in the upper-left corner turns red. Tap on it. You will get a prompt. You only need to tap on Stop, the screen recording will stop immediately.
Where to find recorded videos
If you need to know where to find your recordings, this section can help. When you stop recording by swiping down the control center and tapping the record button or the timer in the upper-left corner, the recording will go to Photos by default. To check your recordings, go to Photos, find the video, and hit play. You can delete, share, or edit the recordings as needed.
How to edit recorded videos
When your screen recordings get saved in Photos as a default setting, you can use the same application to edit your recordings. But keep in mind that the options for editing are quite limited. You can only adjust the color, trim your recording, crop or rotate the video, and use filters. Here are the steps to follow.
- Start by opening Photos and find the screen recording you want to edit.
- Next, tap on the Edit option that you can find in the bottom-right corner.
- You will get four options to edit your recording.
- Tap on Trim if you want to trim the video. Drag the sliders at the beginning and end of the recording.
- Tap on Adjustment to adjust the exposure and contrast. You can set up the parameters as per your need.
- Tap on Filters if you want to use filters on your recording. You can choose any filter of your choice.
- Tap on the Rotate/Crop icon to alter the aspect ratio of your recording.
- After you finish editing, ensure to tap on Done.
Screen recording on an iPhone 12 is a lot simpler than people think. All you require to do is add the screen recording option to the Control Center, and you are good to go. Tap on the recording button, and your screen recording will start. Such a feature can be a blessing when you want to record your screen without needing any third-party application.
Frequently asked questions
Why is there no screen record on my iPhone 12?
You can get the screen recording option as you swipe down the Control Center. But as a default setting, it comes deactivated. To enable it, you will have to go to Settings. After you open Settings, click on Control Center and add Screen Recording to the Control Center using the plus icon. Now you can record your screen on iPhone 12.
What is the best way to record screen on an iPhone 12?
The best way of recording the screen on an iPhone 12 is by using the built-in screen recording feature. You can follow the steps above to start recording. You can also opt for third-party applications. Here are some of the applications you can try:
- Record It!
- DU Recorder
- Web Recorder
Follow the link below to find out more options:
Sign up for news and special offers