How to Convert MPEG-TS to MP4 and Other Formats
You’ve probably come across video files with the extension “.ts” on your Blu-rays. If you’ve ever wondered how to play these movies on cell phones and other portable devices, you just need a decent decoder that can convert TS files to a more accessible format like MP4.
What is a TS file?
MPEG Transport Stream, also known as MPEG-TS or simply TS, is a format used for storing video, audio, and data on media like Blu-ray discs.
Movavi Video Converter is one of the best applications for this kind of conversion. Download the free trial version for Windows or Mac and learn how easy it is to transcode TS files into MP4 below.
1. Install the Movavi Video Encoder
Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
2. Add the TS Files for Conversion
Go to Add Media > Add Video and find the TS files you want to transcode.
3. Choose Your Output Format
In the Video tab, find the MP4 group of presets and choose the appropriate preset. You can also use the Movavi encoder to convert TS files to other video formats like AVI, MKV, MPG, and WMV or a DVD‑compatible format. In addition, you can extract audio from video and save it in MP3, FLAC, OGG, and more.
4. Start Converting the TS Files to MP4
Click the folder icon to change the destination folder; if you don’t do this, the resulting files will be saved in the default Movavi Library folder. Hit Convert. That’s all there is to it!
Movavi Video Converter
The ideal way to get your media in the format you need!
- Convert video, audio, DVDs, and image files
- Enjoy lightning-fast conversion without quality loss
- Improve quality, adjust sound, trim and join files before converting
- Save video and audio clips for easy mobile access