How to Use Our Video Reverser
Edited by Pat Bitton
January 17, 2020
Want to play some videos backwards to surprise your relatives and friends? All you need is a special app that enables you to take advantage of this exciting effect. One of the better options is Movavi Video Editor Plus – a powerful piece of software for editing multimedia files and much more. Download it now and you'll see how easy and fun video editing can be!
Learn how to reverse a video with our simple instructions!
Install the Reverse Video Editor
Double-click the downloaded file to run it and install the app following the on-screen instructions.
Add a Video Clip to the Program
Click the Add Media Files button and open the movie you want to play in reverse. It will appear on the Timeline in the lower part of the program window.
Make a Backward Video
Click the file on the Timeline and then the cogwheel icon (Clip Properties). In the Tools tab that opens, select the Reverse check box.
Save the Edited Video
You can preview the result in the built-in player on the right. To save the reversed video, click Export and choose your preferred video format from the tabs in the export window: MP4, WMV, MKV, 3GP, etc. Enter the folder path in the Save to field and click Start. Now you know how to make videos go backwards. Go ahead and start changing the course of time!
Movavi Video Editor Plus
Your next step in video-making
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and stickers
- Animate objects using keyframes, use more built-in media
- Export videos in any popular format
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor Plus has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more