How to Use Our Video Reverser
Edited by Pat Bitton
April 16, 2020
Want to know how to play a video backwards to surprise your relatives and friends? All you need is a special app that enables you to take advantage of this exciting effect. One of the better options is Movavi Video Editor Plus – a powerful piece of software for editing multimedia files and much more. Download it now and learn how to play a video in reverse in four simple steps!
Learn how to reverse a video with our simple instructions!
Install the Reverse Video Editor
The first step in learning how to reverse a video is to install the app. Double-click the downloaded file to run it and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
Add a Video Clip to the Program
To add your file to the video reverser, click the Add Files button and open the movie you want to play in reverse. Drag and drop the files from Media Bin to the Timeline.
Make a Backward Video
Click the file on the Timeline and then the Clip Properties icon. In the tab that opens, select the Reverse check box to make a video go backwards.
Save the Edited Video
You can preview the result in the built-in player on the right. To save the reversed video, click Export and choose your preferred video format from the tabs in the export window: MP4, WMV, MKV, 3GP, etc. Enter the folder path in the Save to field and click Start. Now you know how to put a video in reverse. Go ahead, play your video backwards and start changing the course of time!
Movavi Video Editor Plus
Your next step in video-making
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and stickers
- Animate objects using keyframes, use more built-in media
- Export videos in any popular format
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor Plus has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more