Working with MP4 Files is Easy
Edited by Pat Bitton
December 26, 2019
MP4 is one of the most commonly used file formats, and there are good reasons for it. This format is compatible with the majority of computers, smartphones, tablets, and TVs. It’s also widely accepted on websites and recommended by YouTube as the best format for uploading.
If you need to work with MP4 clips on Windows or Mac OS, use Movavi Video Editor! With this easy-to-use MP4 editing software, you’ll be able to cut, join, and enhance video files in a flash. Try Movavi Video Editor for free right now and see how intuitive it is!
HOW TO EDIT MP4 VIDEOS WITH MOVAVI
Add Video Files
- Upload MP4 videos from your hard drive, mobile device, or external storage
- Import recordings from your camcorder
- Record video from a webcam
Improve Image Quality
If you think that your video lacks brightness, contrast, or saturation, you can use our MP4 video editor to adjust the image quality in just a few clicks, either manually or automatically.
Cut, Trim, Add Transitions
Need to remove unnecessary parts from your video? With our video maker app, you can easily cut and trim your footage and get rid of unwanted segments. You can also make your video more dynamic by adding stylish animated fades.
Want to add an artistic touch to your movie? You can create a particular mood by choosing from our collection of creative effects: use Retro filters to make your video look old, add fun Flying objects, experiment with Pop art and Color filters.
Adding text to a video is as easy as 1-2-3! Choose the basic or animated title style you like best, overlay text on your video via simple drag-and-drop, enter the words, select the font type and color.
Don’t like the sound in your original video? You can easily remove audio from the movie you’re editing and replace it with your favourite music, or even add a voiceover!
Save your final video as an MP4 file or convert it to any other popular format. Export video for viewing on smartphones, tablets and even 4K TVs using dedicated presets. Upload your movie to the web right from the program.
PC version of Movavi Video Editor is compatible with Windows XP and Vista, as well as Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Mac version is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 or higher.
Movavi Video Editor
Creating videos has never been so easy!
- Edit video clips, images, and audio on a timeline
- Add transitions, filters, titles, and callouts
- Use special effects like Chroma Key and Slo Mo
- Export videos in any popular format
* The free version of Movavi Video Editor has the following restrictions: 7-day trial period, watermark on the output videos, and, if you’re saving a project as an audio file, an ability to save only half the audio length. Learn more