Text adder software for your desktop or laptop
How to add text to a video online
How to add words to a video with Movavi Video Editor
Step 1. Download and install the program
Download Movavi Video Editor and run the installation file on your computer. Once the program is installed, launch it.
Step 2. Add your clip
Click Add Files and select the video you want to add text to. The clip will appear in the Media Bin. Drag and drop your video onto the Timeline.
Step 3. Add a title to your video
There’s a whole gallery of title styles in Movavi Video Editor. Beyond just a simple title, you can also add animated text to your video. Just go to the Titles tab, select the text style that you think fits best, and drag and drop it into place on the Titles Track. Drag on the edges of the item to adjust when the title should appear and disappear.
Double-click on the title and, in the Preview Window that appears, enter your text and adjust the font, size, and color if you need to. Click Apply when everything is set.
If you want to add a meme text to your video, create two titles and place one on top of the frame and the other at the bottom. If you want to add floating text to the video, choose a style from the Basic title category.
Step 4. Save the result
To save your clip, click Export. Name your file, choose the appropriate format, quality, and destination folder. When you are happy, click Start. Now you know how to put text on a video with Movavi Video Editor.
In conclusion: what to look for in text-adding software for your videos
Hopefully, this article has helped you identify what to look for in an app to add text to your videos. To sum everything up, let’s talk about a few of the most important things to look for when choosing the best text-adding app:
- Ease of use: How easily can you do what you need to do with the app you’re considering? Some apps have a lot of features and tools, but they can be difficult to learn. Others are easy to use but don’t do everything you need. Look for an app that has all the features you need without making your editing job a nightmare.
- Features and tools: It doesn’t matter how easy a video editing app is to use if it doesn’t do what you need. Do you need an app with no watermark? Are you looking for something that you can use online, or do you need to use it when you’re not connected to the internet?
- File formats: Again, make sure that the app you choose supports your preferred video file formats. If you need to work with a MOV file but the software only supports MP4, it’ll be useless when you need to get your videos ready to share.
- Reviews and ratings: What are other users saying about the app? Does it glitch or lag when processing videos? Does it have any known flaws that everyone’s talking about?
- Technical support: Does the app creator provide customer support and assistance with technical difficulties? If you’re not a tech wizard and you have problems with the app, you might want to make sure that you can turn to a solid customer support team before you commit.
Frequently asked questions
How do I add floating text to a video?
To add floating text to a video, you’ll need to either upload your video to an online video editing application or import it into your video editing application on your computer. Navigate on your editing timeline to the place where you want to add text. Then, find the text feature and click on it. Drag the text box to the place where you want it to float in your video and customize its size, shape, color, and font to fit your preferred style.
What app can I use to add text to videos?
You can add text to videos by downloading one of these apps:
Movavi Video Editor
Adobe® Premiere® Pro
You can also add text to videos online with a web app, such as:
How can I add text to a video on my laptop?
On your laptop, you can either add text to your video using a desktop application like Movavi Video Editor, or you can add text to your video online with a web-based app like Fastreel. Whether you download an app on your computer or upload your video to a web app, you can add text to any video by selecting the text tool, dragging and dropping your text box to the place on the screen and in the timeline that you want it, and then customizing your text to fit your video.
Sign up for news and special offers