How to convert SWF to MP4 on Windows and Mac with Movavi
Edited by Ben Jacklin
January 27, 2022
SWF is a format that can be found and used in various places nowadays. However, not every platform can support SWF files. Also, only a limited collection of media players can play SWF files. So, there is a requirement for MP4 or other video formats that you can use anywhere. Additionally, some people love to share their content on social media platforms that use conventional video formats. It is the main reason why it is needed to convert SWF to MP4, which offers easy accessibility and sharing options. Also, converting from SWF to MP4 is not a hassle as today we have access to numerous converters like the Movavi Video Converter. The goal of the article is to make the conversion of .swf to .mp4 easier for you.
When it comes to video converters, there are loads of them that you can find in the market. But if you want the best of all that can provide you with all forms of conversion, Movavi Video Converter is a great choice. It comes in two forms – free online converter and desktop version. If you want an SWF-to-MP4 converter online, Movavi comes with an online version, which is excellent for small-sized files. It will let you convert SWF to MP4 for free. However, if you need to convert large-sized files or multiple files at once, the desktop version is a perfect fit. If you are thinking about how to convert SWF files to MP4, Movavi has got you covered. We will discuss the steps here that can make the overall conversion process a cakewalk for you.
Step 1. Install the program
To get started with the process, download the installation file. You can get it in both Mac and Windows versions. After downloading the installation package, run the setup and follow the on-screen instructions. As the installation gets completed, you can open the application.
Step 2. Add files for conversion
Click on the Add Media tab that you can find in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select the Add Video option. All that a person needs to do is select the SWF files that they want to convert to MP4. Apart from SWF, you can use Movavi Video Converter for tons of other formats. Additionally, the application supports batch conversion, where you can convert multiple files at one go.
Step 3. Choose a format
After choosing the files that you want to convert, click on Video. You will get a wide array of format options. To convert to MP4, click on MP4 and opt for the correct preset for the output file.
Step 4. Convert your SWF file to MP4
To convert .swf to .mp4, first, choose the file location of the output where the converted file will get saved. You can do this by clicking on Save to. The final step is to convert SWF to a video by clicking the Convert button and starting the process. The overall process will take a few minutes to complete depending on the number of files and their size. Now you know how to convert SWF to MP4!
SWF vs. MP4
|Name||Shockwave Flash Movie||MPEG-4 Video|
|Developer||Adobe Systems||Moving Picture Experts Group|
|Pros||Better interaction with the audience; great for embedding videos online||Compatible with any device and browser; can be used for streaming UHD and HD content online|
|Cons||Not compatible with many mobile devices||Large file size|
|Programs to open files||Adobe® Flash® Player||Majority of media players|
View all parameters Hide the table
There is no doubt that SWF is a great format to share content. However, as it is not compatible with most devices and applications, it is better to change it to a more compatible version, like MP4. Hopefully, this guide helped you to learn the differences between SWF vs. MP4.
There are various SWF-to-MP4 converters that you can find on the market. Movavi Video Converter is a superb choice if you want the best of all. To convert your SWF to a video, all you need to do is just install the application, and you are all set to go. If you have got small-sized files, you can use the online converter.
Frequently asked questions
How do I convert SWF to MP4 on Windows 10/8/7?
You will need a video converter to convert SWF to MP4 on Windows 10/8/7. But if you are not sure which SWF file converter to opt for, you can choose Movavi Video Converter. The application is easy to use that comes with a simple interface. Follow these steps to convert SWF to a video.
- Install the application by downloading the installation file from the official website.
- Open the application, click Add Media, and select the file to convert by clicking Add Video.
- Choose your file and then select the format from the Video tab – in your case, you will need to choose MP4.
- Choose the output folder.
- Click on Convert.
How do I convert SWF to MP4 on a Mac?
Converting SWF to MP4 on Mac is a simple job with the help of Movavi Video Converter. Let’s have a look at the steps you can follow to convert SWF to MP4 on a Mac.
- Start by getting the installation file from the official website of Movavi. Make sure you download the installation file for Mac.
- Open the application after installation and click on Add Media, choose Add Video.
- Select your desired SWF file and choose the output format by clicking on Video.
- Choose MP4 and select the correct preset.
- Click on Convert to change SWF to MP4.
How do I use FFmpeg for an SWF-to-MP4 conversion?
If you want a free SWF-to-MP4 converter, FFmpeg is a great option. Here are steps that you can follow for conversion.
- Open the Command Prompt on your computer.
- Enter the command “sudo apt-get install ffmpeg.”
- After you finish the installation, type “ffmpeg -i filename.swf out_file.mp4.” It indicates that you want to replace an SWF file with MP4 format.
- Change “filename.swf” with the SWF file name.
- Replace the new name of the MP4 file with “out_file.mp4.”
Can VLC convert SWF to MP4?
Yes, you can use VLC to convert SWF to MP4. Here are the easy steps of conversion.
- Install the VLC player.
- Open the application and click on Media.
- Select Convert/Save.
- Select the SWF file that you desire to convert.
- Click on the Convert/Save tab.
- Choose the format you want to convert your file.
- Select the output folder.
- Click on Start to convert Flash to a video.
How do I convert SWF to MP4 with Adobe?
You can use Adobe® Flash® to convert SWF to MP4.
- Launch Adobe® Flash®.
- Import the SWF file for conversion.
- Click on File and choose Export.
- Choose Export Movie.
- Select the output format as MP4.
- Click on Export.
How do I convert SWF to MP4 with HandBrake?
If you need to convert SWF to MP4 for free with no watermark, you can opt for HandBrake. You can follow the process below to learn how to use this SWF-to-MP4 converter freeware.
- Download and install the SWF-to-MP4 converter for free on your computer.
- Launch the program and click on Open Source to add the SWF file.
- Choose the Format as MP4. You can adjust various video settings as well.
- Click on Start to convert Flash to MP4.
What are the best SWF-to-MP4 converters?
When it comes to converting Flash to MP4, there are various converters that you can opt for. However, before you select one, make sure you check out the features of the converters so that you be sure if they can meet your requirements. Movavi Video Converter is an excellent choice as besides converting SWF to MP4, it supports various other conventional formats in use today. Here is a list of the best SWF-to-video converters online as well as desktop options that you can opt for.
- Movavi Video Converter
- Freemake Video Converter
Sign up for news and special offers